TPF Darkroom Snobs Print Exchange Part 2

The packages have been sent. :cheer:

You will be getting your extra prints back. I sent them priority so some may have it by Sat. most likely Mon though. I will refrain from making comments on the prints till everybody has theirs, since i have been able to study them for awhile. :mrgreen:

Thanks everybody for participating.

Just opened my package of prints...and after looking at them, now I wish I did some B&W prints instead. They all really look great!

And thanks for the spec sheets, cuz now I'm going to be doing some paper shopping soon...

Has everyone gotten them, then? :thumbup:

I wanted to say Great work! to everyone. :D And of course a big thank you to Kevin for organizing this. It was fun!

I'm actually looking at the prints, and I'm kind of thinking I shouldn't have done color prints! The B&W just looks more elegant.

Terri, I really love the small print from the Holga. I have a Holga that's been broken and sitting on my shelf for about 2 years. I'm planning on getting a new one now!

Mumfandc said:
I'm actually looking at the prints, and I'm kind of thinking I shouldn't have done color prints! The B&W just looks more elegant.

Terri, I really love the small print from the Holga. I have a Holga that's been broken and sitting on my shelf for about 2 years. I'm planning on getting a new one now!
Why, thank you! :) They're not expensive to replace, those Holgas. Keep the black tape handy for the back, and you're in business! :lol:

And I loved seeing your color print!! :thumbup: Are you kidding?? You did a great job! :)

It was my pleasure everyone.

I surprised and happy everyone got there's so fast. USPS came through.

terri said:
Why, thank you! :) They're not expensive to replace, those Holgas. Keep the black tape handy for the back, and you're in business! :lol:

And I loved seeing your color print!! :thumbup: Are you kidding?? You did a great job! :)

Ha thanx you guys. I just stocked up on a lot of B&W materials. I figured I'll give color a break.

I'm ready for the next exchange whenever...!

Alright guys, lets get some feedback and discussion on the prints. Even a little critique if you want.

I was surprised and intrigued with Mumfandc's color shots. the pastel look was interesting. From a distance they even look a little hand colored.

Darin's shot was cool with the softness of it, but I felt it needed a little more contrast. I understand that it's maybe kind of hard with the printing length, but it might be a good candidate to try split grade printing.

For terri's, my wife wants me to get a Holga now. She loved the look of it.

Dirt's shot is very cool. I'm wondering if this also a good candidate for split grade printing. I have not done this much, but its a thought.

Mine, the cactus was not dark enough. I looked at one I did about 4 months before and realized how much darker I had printed that one. I was pretty pleased with the steel shot. I always second guess myself on the contrast of that one. Sometimes I like it with more contrast and sometimes not.

I would agree with Kevin's remarks, overall. :D

Getting color shots on a print exchange was very cool. I thought they were beautifully done and I agree, from a distance have a nifty watercolor feel.

I really like Darin's composition - good shot. But it was a little flat when I looked at it under better light. Maybe 15% increase in contrast? Not much at all.

I liked Dirt's image very much. Kevin your idea sounds interesting!

I suppose you could have given maybe 10-15% more time, Kevin.....but I thought it was effective the way you printed it. :)

I suffer from "dry down" dumbness. If anything I think I print about 10% too dark sometimes. I may have done it again with this print, but being a Holga image with the vignetting I might have snuck it by. What do you guys think? I kept notes, so 10% lighter, maybe? Contrast okay? Or okay as is?

Most reactions

Back