TPF Family

It seems we have a forum of budding thesps.

yay!!!! I'm the older brother :cheer:
my sister is mentos, my younger brother is arty, my drunken uncle from the south is mygrain (and off course my parents are hobbes and alison :D)
...and off course MD and the rest of the gang :p

looks like a photo-addicted family, doesn't it?
a great bunch of peeps yo :D

and best yet, we're a really international family, spread all over the world :)

MDowdey said:
lets remember something though before we cancel out tracy...he is married and we arent. he had to be somewhat smooth!!!
md

Tis true, tis true...

Ok let me whip something up for Mentos. She seems like a sweet girl so I'll do my best... * ponders great thoughts *

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

How was that guys?

Bokeh said:
MDowdey said:
lets remember something though before we cancel out tracy...he is married and we arent. he had to be somewhat smooth!!!
md

Tis true, tis true...

Ok let me whip something up for Mentos. She seems like a sweet girl so I'll do my best... * ponders great thoughts *

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

How was that guys?

Good...but I swear ive read it somewhere....maybe its just the first line yah know? but Im sure I recognize it...

I don't know...I think arty's sounds like it's more from the heart. Course everything he says is from the heart...you girlies better watch out, cuz he's gonna be breakin some hearts pretty damn soon.

core_17 said:
I don't know...I think arty's sounds like it's more from the heart. Course everything he says is from the heart...you girlies better watch out, cuz he's gonna be breakin some hearts pretty damn soon.

I can assure you, that was cut-n-pasted from the heart :)

* Bows out of thread in defeat *

Spot on arty thats a cut n' paste job if ever I saw one

in all seriousness though...

some of you may or may not know that i was once married. i can tell you only fragments, because the mind will destroy anything that is tragic after a certain amount of time...I cant even remember a face. I poured everything i had into it and i got alot in return. then one day i lost my love. you wanna talk about desperation? well theres your example. it was all black and white, laid before me like a path of daggers. i fed on misery and i slept at night despairing the nightmares that would surely come. arty and scurra and tracy have the right idea...the more personal and sensual you are with your loved one, the better off you will be. EVERYDAY you have to tell them something that makes their day, regardless if your day is not made. There is a famous saying "its better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all". most of thats true, but it doesnt have to be that way. i hope when arty finds a woman that he really does treat her that way, and i hope someone writes for corry in a way that sings to her heart. and as for mentos, well...she knows what i feel for her... :wink:

[/rant]

md

MDowdey said:
"its better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all"

That is a great quote, so loaded with meaning... for me right up there with the famous one relating to the 2nd world war from Winston Churchill:

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

It's just one of those things that has the ability to set off all kinds of emotions within me.

MD :hug:

Hmm, I guess Im lucky... I feel like I've found my true love already at this age.

MDowdey said:
in all seriousness though...

some of you may or may not know that i was once married. i can tell you only fragments, because the mind will destroy anything that is tragic after a certain amount of time...I cant even remember a face. I poured everything i had into it and i got alot in return. then one day i lost my love. you wanna talk about desperation? well theres your example. it was all black and white, laid before me like a path of daggers. i fed on misery and i slept at night despairing the nightmares that would surely come. arty and scurra and tracy have the right idea...the more personal and sensual you are with your loved one, the better off you will be. EVERYDAY you have to tell them something that makes their day, regardless if your day is not made. There is a famous saying "its better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all". most of thats true, but it doesnt have to be that way. i hope when arty finds a woman that he really does treat her that way, and i hope someone writes for corry in a way that sings to her heart. and as for mentos, well...she knows what i feel for her... :wink:

[/rant]

md
I'm glad you think like that, Matt. I've heard you say before that you believe people should tell their loved ones something to make their day, everyday...I wish more people had that frame of mind.

and i hope someone writes for corry in a way that sings to her heart

:hug: :blulsh2: Thanks...if the person I'm with now can just learn to SAY what I know he feels in his heart...I couldn't ask for more! I guess some people just don't know how to say what they feel.

Word, Matt.

I guess that is something that's messed up in the family tree. Matt has to be the other uncle cause he sure feels like a brother to me.

Most reactions

Back