TPF New Look

I'm all for change and progress, but it also needs to be done with the "customer" in mind. In this case I find cloud tags (for instance) to be a feature that clutters my screen, but doesn't contribute to my visit. In general I found the largely empty strip along the left side of the screen to be a claustrophobic experience.

Keep trying, but talk to us - give us a chance to offer feedback and suggestions.

In the absence of a majost sticky announcement, I find redundant threads to be no surprise, and perfectly acceptable. There was a bit of a management fumble in this instance.

Oh, and I wish the ads were better. Google Ads may be all the rage in the US, but here in Germany I'm getting some pretty irrelevant ads...

I haven't used the new layout much (just logged in) but I quite like the look of it over the old one.

The ads don't bother me, still loads just as quick as the old one (for me) and they don't seem to get in the way - There's no Ads in between posts which I would have detested!, there's no pop-ups, etc.. so the Ads are fine by me.. if it generated a little income to keep the forum going fair enough.

I think it would have been good for the TPF team to post a message about the changes in the forum for TPF News and Announcements. That was the first place I looked.

Without something saying "Hey, we changed the look and feel, but if you happen to like the old way, here is how you get to it..." it feels kind of like an insensitive "It's new now... don't like it? Tough."

I don't think they feel that way, so it's kind of a shame.

Ahhhh.
Good.
This feels more like "home" now!
Thanks for the hint!

I went back to default, too.. Much plainer, and you get the entire width of the screen to type and see posts.

I log in, click on NEW POSTS, read posts, logout.

The button is relatively in the same place, so i'm good :)

I don't mind it so much so far, I guess it's natural to find abrupt changes at first. They left the old default so there's not really much to complain about. I will give this skin a try for awhile and see if it really is more disruptive for me.

DeeFallT :thumbup:

Guys: all of the discussion/feedback about any part of the site belongs only in this forum, okay? :thumbup:

If you want your opinion to be seen, don't move the conversation from place to place. I promise our owners are reading everything and making adjustments as we move ahead. Thanks for your patience and support! :D

Changed back to the default here. I like the forum stretching from margin to margin as its how I have every other forum I visit configured.

Changed back to the default here. I like the forum stretching from margin to margin as its how I have every other forum I visit configured.

I agree entirely. Will be switching to default, that is, if I can I find it.

Can't stand the flashing ads and the overall "modern" feel of the new look.

Can't figure it out... How do you do it?

Sambrody, go to your UserCP, and once there, in a bottom corner you should find the option. Even further down than the "Forum Jump" option. (If I remember right).

I must say I can't get why some people are willing to leave TPF based on a cosmetic change - don't people come here for the community not the looks? The people are still the same (well mostly LP seems to be going through some camera changes - possibly ;)) so it still the same great community.
The cosmetic change does have some faults and these have been voiced and I am certain that the admin are aware of such things. I am also aware that this is site is not a job, but a volentary thing in its basis (yes there are subscription fees, but not the same as a paid wage;)) thus the admin will have lives and work outside of the site so any changes might be slower than some would like to take effect.
Just give it time and if you really really can't stand it - go take some photos :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back