TPF New Look

I must say I can't get why some people are willing to leave TPF based on a cosmetic change - don't people come here for the community not the looks? The people are still the same (well mostly LP seems to be going through some camera changes - possibly ;)) so it still the same great community.
The cosmetic change does have some faults and these have been voiced and I am certain that the admin are aware of such things. I am also aware that this is site is not a job, but a volentary thing in its basis (yes there are subscription fees, but not the same as a paid wage;)) thus the admin will have lives and work outside of the site so any changes might be slower than some would like to take effect.
Just give it time and if you really really can't stand it - go take some photos :)

ekool forums - Google Search

interesting - I am prepard though to wait out the changes and see what the final form of the site looks like and how it is dealt with. At the end of the day ekool and the admin don't "make" the forum a place I want to come to, but they are just a part of it - the other part being the members that are present. There are many peole here who's work and skill I greatly respect and it would be a poor move by me to leave the site and miss out on the works of these people.

Like I said lets wait out the changes and see what the final form is - along the way we can provide input, but I prefer (at least myself) to remain on a posetive note and trust the mods and admin. Once things are in their "final" positions then we can start ranting ;) (if we want to of course ;))

I must say I can't get why some people are willing to leave TPF based on a cosmetic change - don't people come here for the community not the looks? The people are still the same (well mostly LP seems to be going through some camera changes - possibly ;)) so it still the same great community.
The cosmetic change does have some faults and these have been voiced and I am certain that the admin are aware of such things. I am also aware that this is site is not a job, but a volentary thing in its basis (yes there are subscription fees, but not the same as a paid wage;)) thus the admin will have lives and work outside of the site so any changes might be slower than some would like to take effect.
Just give it time and if you really really can't stand it - go take some photos :)

Visual experience is always critical to me. I never loved the very flat look of TPF, but at least it was plain and didn't jar me. If a visual experience is overly jarring I find myself totally unable to focus because I'm constantly annoyed. ADHD I suppose. :)

That being said I could also switch to FireFox and disable the ads and such. In fact, I probably should... those proud photography banners are still driving me buggy.

I don't mind ads one bit... I know you just have to have them, but I hate ones that sit there and flick m&ms at you until you get really mad and dive over the desk to beat someone mercilessly with their own keyboard.

Like, say... this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJh9pbFxWeQ]YouTube - Co-Worker Stress[/ame]

:)

(Work safe) (pay attention to the dude on the right there)

just be glad that the (semi imfamous) CASIO ad is not here!

an almost unblockable popup that (from my experience with Opera) can't always be closed. Now there is an ad to hate

Sambrody, go to your UserCP, and once there, in a bottom corner you should find the option. Even further down than the "Forum Jump" option. (If I remember right).

Ah! Much better. Thanks!

I am not so keen on the new look, but I am an addict so you can do whatever you like and I will be back

just incase people are not watching the other thread on this - the lefthand bar has now been moved to the righthand side - makes a lot of difference to the new setup!

Most reactions

Back