TPF Photo Challenge -September '14 - "Minimalism"

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. I am genuinely surprised that some people can figure out that 100's of potential settings on a DSLR, yet cannot figure out how to read a forum post.
Chill, dude; No one is perfect. In fact, you posted a couple of typo errors.

images...ideally should be taken during the challenge month. (The idea is to get folks out and thinking about new ways to shoot!

I was wondering if there's a good way to increase the chances of that happening, and of ensuring it's the submitter's own photo. Something like requiring multiple perspectives and/or multiple zoom levels and/or holding up a sign that says "thephotoforum.com contest theme: ..." Only the submitter's chosen photo would be entered. The others would just be seen by the moderator.

This would not always be possible - sometimes you only get one chance.

If someone is submitting a digital picture wouldn't you be able to read the information on the photo properties? The date it was taken at least?

Too easily forged, probably.

This challenge is mostly for fun. I can look at the Exif data but people can just change it.
The challenge is to give people a creative idea to explore...to get people out there shooting!! If someone really wants to cheat...it's a shame. They are the person losing because they didn't get out there and try something new. =)

Now forget about everyone else and get out there and try the theme for October!! ;)

This challenge is mostly for fun. I can look at the Exif data but people can just change it.
The challenge is to give people a creative idea to explore...to get people out there shooting!! If someone really wants to cheat...it's a shame. They are the person losing because they didn't get out there and try something new. =)

Now forget about everyone else and get out there and try the theme for October!! ;)

Is there some polling place we need to go to? Is there a problem with the machines?

It'll be up tomorrow morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back