Tracey and Bryan's Engagement

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tracey and Bryan are a fantastic couple. Bryan flew Tracey out on a surprise plane trip to Italy to purpose. How sweet is that?
They love the painterly look I sometimes do, so I did some of it on their Engagement photos.
Hope you enjoy.

TraceyEnd01.jpg

TraceyEnd04.jpg

TraceyEnd26.jpg

TraceyEnd33.jpg

TraceyEnd39.jpg

TraceyEnd41.jpg

Man, I LOVE this series. I think this is the most favorite work I"ve ever seen by you, really!

I hate nitpicking a pro, but I'm gonna do it anyway :)

The first shot, I wish the guy was looking at her or the camera but its still nice. I personally would clone out that light above his head. The blue vs yellow wall is great.

The second is awesome IMO. I know some people hate dappled light.. I like it.
Again, I would get rid of that light.. I just dont' liek it.

3 is awesome, 4 is incredible. Favorite shot, hands down.

5 doesn't seem to fit in any of these.. its not fantastic.

6 is excellent, again. Beautiful choice of colors and poses.

Great job chick!

Excellent series. I love the backgrounds in 1 and 3...those colours really give the pics some zing. My fave shot is #3...they look so relaxed and natural

Thank you guys!
Kelly, I really don't mind the nits at all. Thank you for taking the time!

On the first one, I asked him to look away. To me, in my faux journalism way, it looks a tad bit more natural, and that's why I did it that way. I don't like posey posey, and with him looking at the camera, it seemed that way to me.

I like it too. I want to be surreal, but still have a natural influence.

Lots of hand painting going on in 3 and 4. 4 is also cross processed.

5 is actually the one they chose.....I like it though. To me it's pretty dramatic.

Thank you again for taking the time. I'm not making excuses, just saying why I chose to do what I did. But believe me, your opinion goes into the memory bank.

Thanks!

Excellent series. I love the backgrounds in 1 and 3...those colours really give the pics some zing. My fave shot is #3...they look so relaxed and natural

Thank you! Both are hand painted with light and color. That was the major factor in them choosing us, so I really wanted to do it right. I was worried it was over the top.

Hye I'm glad you explained to me what you were thinking. ITs not just mindless shooting with you, so its good to hear what your thought process was.

5 really? that lettering on the bridge totally took my eye from them. hey, they like what they like though! Its cool to know what the customer really likes, because it helps to know which shots you SHOULD take even if its not your personal taste (which it wouldn't be mine, kwim?)

How did you cross process 4? (i'm not sure what that term means, pardon my noobness!)

Hye I'm glad you explained to me what you were thinking. ITs not just mindless shooting with you, so its good to hear what your thought process was.

5 really? that lettering on the bridge totally took my eye from them. hey, they like what they like though! Its cool to know what the customer really likes, because it helps to know which shots you SHOULD take even if its not your personal taste (which it wouldn't be mine, kwim?)

How did you cross process 4? (i'm not sure what that term means, pardon my noobness!)

You never know what a client will want. Normally they don't pick my fave. (My fave was #1)

That's why you have to put it all in there. Believe me, if they don't like something, or want it tweaked, they will let you know pronto. But for each set we do, even if it sucks, IMO, I include at least one. I'm not the client. I never know what it's their brain.

Sometimes it's not as much the photography as much as it is a brain trigger. Sometimes you take a photo and think ho hum, but it catipults a memory for them. You just never know what they will choose, or what will sell craploads. So just work them up the best you can.

Cross Processing is an old darkroom tech that you can do also in Photoshop. I VERRRRRRY rarely use it. It takes a certain photo. My thinking on this particular photo was that it reminded me of what I would see from a bleacher at a high school football game. Remember how the photos looked then? That's why I did it that way. I wanted it to look dated.

Anyhoo, just my funky reasoning on things. I hope it helps to understand what I do with a photo and more importantly why.

3 and 4 are my favorites - nice job! You definitely display you're own style with these, which I always admire, even though certain aspects might be too 'over the top' for some. Love 'em!

Goodness these are gorgeous! My favorite is #2. The painting is amazing. I actually looked at these on your blog before I saw them here. I'm glad you posted them here too. You are so very talented. My professional goal is to be half as talented as you!

Wow, you always have the best locations to shoot. Do you have some kind of secret list? :wink: I guess I need to keep me eyes more open to architecture and make notes to myself about locations.

Do your clients often choose locations, or do you make suggestions and show them examples of locations, so they can find somewhere that fits with their tastes?

Wow, you always have the best locations to shoot. Do you have some kind of secret list? :wink: I guess I need to keep me eyes more open to architecture and make notes to myself about locations.

Do your clients often choose locations, or do you make suggestions and show them examples of locations, so they can find somewhere that fits with their tastes?

Really, it's none of the above. I let the client choose. I don't show them locations because they've normally seen them all somewhere or another.

Number 6 is perfect and my favorite of the whole series! What lens did you use on these? And I saw that you said in a different post that the 35mm 1.4 is your favorite. Why is that? lol can you tell I am lens shopping?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back