Tracks

NavyJelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.navyjelly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The subject is quite uninspiring etc but I would be very interested to hear how you would critique these 3 shots from a technical point of view.

bearing in mind the subjects are relatively uninteresting, but as they are on the same theme, what is wrong or right with each ?

honest disgust is welcome;)

1)

IMG_2071.jpg

2)
IMG_2109.jpg

3)
IMG_2075+copy.jpg

(1) I really like the colors and comp, and that there is much more going on than just train tracks, which for me get pretty redundant. But the DOF is way too shallow IMO--what were you trying to do with the focus?

(2) Looks squished with the crop, and my eyes don't follow the tracks. I follow the tracks until I get to the bright, white van on the right--there just seems to be a lot of other things to look at in the shot other than your focus.

(3) Love the idea of this one...the focus/blur gives the feeling of motion around the flower. I like the desaturation also, but it seems very dark...IMO I might up the contrast a little as well.

Is this what you were looking for in terms of CC? Hope so :sillysmi:

Exactly the type of C & C stuff I wanted to hear, thanks.

1 - I wanted the focus as is, but also upto and including the signal light.

2 - the crop is probably an overcompensation for not getting the shot I wanted, following the tracks.

3 - was just playing around...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back