Trader Rating.

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure how much buying and selling goes on on the forums... But I was just looking at the Buy and Sell section and saw something I was interested in... But, I have no way of knowing anything about the person other than by maybe their post count.

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this might be? I know the Rep thing has been shot down, which I understand.. It can be abused. Its not so easy to abuse a Trader Rating.

-Parker

Hi Parkerman: the notion of rating sellers may work for someplace like eBay, but in TPF-land it is exactly the type of thing we cannot engage in. I'm hoping you've already read the disclaimer, written and stickied by the site owner. All transactions are solely between the buyer and seller, and TPF is not designed to act as an intermediary beyond providing a way for the two entities to communicate. You must contact the seller on your own and make your own educated decision based on your correspondence. The second we start rating sellers, or appear to offer any kind of endorsement, all disclaimers are effectively null. We simply don't have the resources.

If the seller has references he'd like to share with you, that of course is something that you can check out on your own to help you decide whether or not to proceed with a transaction. It's all your choice.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Parkerman: the notion of rating sellers may work for someplace like eBay, but in TPF-land it is exactly the type of thing we cannot engage in. I'm hoping you've already read the disclaimer, written and stickied by the site owner. All transactions are solely between the buyer and seller, and TPF is not designed to act as an intermediary beyond providing a way for the two entities to communicate. You must contact the seller on your own and make your own educated decision based on your correspondence. The second we start rating sellers, or appear to offer any kind of endorsement, all disclaimers are effectively null. We simply don't have the resources.

If the seller has references he'd like to share with you, that of course is something that you can check out on your own to help you decide whether or not to proceed with a transaction. It's all your choice.

Hope this helps. :)

Honestly, It doesn't help at all.

Having a Trader Rating does not make TPF responsible for for the selling and buying. The disclaimer would still work, may have to be slightly reworded.. But yea...

If thats the thoughts on it.. Then so be it.. But, I don't know whats so bad about making things a bit easier for users.

*edit*
It is incorporated into several other forums that I am apart of, each of which it works very well.. Yet the forums still claim that they are not to be held accountable for any loss.

Yes, these are the thoughts on it as decided upon by the site owner. Arguing with me isn't going to change that. ;)

If you want to make a case to the site owner, by all means use the "contact us" button and he'll get the email.

Sorry you found my reply so unhelpful.

Most reactions

Back