trading in kit lenses

Rickjs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was in a camera store a few weeks ago looking at some lenses and pretty much drooling. I have a d3200 with the kit lenses (18-55 and 55-200 non VR). and saw the equivalent lenses that are VR and was thinking about trading in my lenses for those. Was wondering if that would have been a good idea or not. I shoot mainly landscapes and an occasional animal if it inspires me.

Do you have a constant problem with blurry images caused by camera movement? If not, spend your money elsewhere.

occasionally, but I have gotten better.

Just traded in my Nikon 18-55mm kit lens for a Sigma 15-70mm f2.8. Delighted....though the bank account took a bit of a bashing. "You won't get much for it" the assistant in the shop said talking about the old lens (London camera Exchange, Reading branch) Still, £30 off the £310 for the new lens was worth having. Anyway, getting much better results from that aperture...a bit heavier, bulkier, but I can live with that.

I would not trade in now. There is a lot you can do with those two lenses. The VR is not going to remove blur of a moving dog, only a faster shutter speed and with landscape a tripod is often used and the VR turned off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back