Traffic Light B&W

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by G. Ike, Feb 10, 2009.

1. G. Ike

G. Ike TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys,
    It's been a while since I've been on this website, but here's a recent shot of mine that I was looking for comments and constructive criticism on. I added the border and watermark in the basic Photobucket editor and I also cropped the image slightly with the same program.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,

George Ike

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    With that very black border and that very black sig --- why not try to get at least ONE part of the photo (a converted one?) as truly black, too? I can tell there was some snow falling, and probably much around you had lost its colours because of the snow in the air. But maybe - just maybe - if the two lights that are not on were darker than the grey they are? Just wondering. Like this, it doesn't have any real "punch", I'm afraid.

3. Peter42

Peter42 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    In relation to lafoto┬┤s post, im also afraid of the noise, that the picture sets to me.
    But you can do a little work with great differenzies on it, not by contrast and light, do it with the tone-curve-instrument and after that a sharpen-tool will do the rest.
    I will show only an example, what the picture can look like, this catches more your eye as the grey in grey one. ;)
    [​IMG]

greetings peter

4. G. Ike

G. Ike TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ah, thanks for the advice and the edit. I'm gonna do some work on it tonight with the editor in iPhoto and see what I can come up with.

George Ike