Tragedy...busted my D90

I have a D7000 as a backup and it's still a great camera!

You'll certainly have a lot of fun with it.

Also, yes, the video does only go to 20-minutes but there's nothing to stop you editing the clips together :)

Have fun!

Have fun with your D7000 and don't listen to the naysayers that say 16MP is not enough resolution. To answer your question on the video limit, it is set to 20 minutes to avoid overheating of the sensor and is not changeable within the camera.

Yea...I'm gonna have to watch that with the video thing. In most cases it's not really a problem...as wezza said there, I can edit, however with the band stuff, that's gonna be a pain. Because I'm on stage playing, I usually just toss a couple of video cameras/camcorders on tripods, hit record just before we hit the stage, then stop/pause as we come off stage (to save on battery power and memory/video tape where needed). Since each set tends to go for around an hour...I may have to find someone to hit the record button occasionally or something (I -hate- doing that as I really don't like other people screwing with my gear...even for something so simple as pressing a button). The tricky part is gonna be the timing really...me thinks the video recording will have to be stopped and restarted between songs. I'm sure I'll figure something out.....

First off, I think Auslese is trolling. Come on, MP is the most important thing??? WHAT? I own a D60, that has 10MP. And some of the shots off that thing are absolutely beautiful. Troll or misguided newb...

Second, GRATS on the new camera. Sorry to hear about your D90, I gave a moment of silence for it! The D7000 is a nice body, was looking at upgrading to one myself, but with the current news of a little one on the way, money has been routed to her.

I hope you have great fun with your new camera and that you show off some great photo's, once your pooch is back to 100%. OR, you can take photo's of the pup as a means of getting use to your new camera ;). It also couldn't hurt to find a camera repair shop for the D90, if its a cheap fix, then I would save a few bucks and get it patched up. Like you stated, it would be a good backup.

Happy shooting :D

First off, I think Auslese is trolling. Come on, MP is the most important thing??? WHAT? I own a D60, that has 10MP. And some of the shots off that thing are absolutely beautiful. Troll or misguided newb...

Second, GRATS on the new camera. Sorry to hear about your D90, I gave a moment of silence for it! The D7000 is a nice body, was looking at upgrading to one myself, but with the current news of a little one on the way, money has been routed to her.

I hope you have great fun with your new camera and that you show off some great photo's, once your pooch is back to 100%. OR, you can take photo's of the pup as a means of getting use to your new camera ;). It also couldn't hurt to find a camera repair shop for the D90, if its a cheap fix, then I would save a few bucks and get it patched up. Like you stated, it would be a good backup.

Happy shooting :D

Thanks for the kind words...and I certainly agree with the sentiment about Auslese. Troll or newbie, based on the comments here and in one of his/her/it's own threads, the person seems rather uneducated at best.

I have in fact been playing around with the new camera a little...mostly familiarizing myself with the controls and menus and such, however the fact of the matter is that most of my time and energy are just going into keeping the pup "quiet" until the stitches heal. At 6 months old, "quiet" and "calm" are concepts she just doesn't really grasp and there have been several times now where I've practically had to sit on her to keep her from bouncing off the walls! LOL! She's a husky/shepherd mix and she just has soooooooooooooooo much energy under the best of situations and right now, she just doesn't know what to do with herself. Here's a pic of her taken a few weeks back (before the D90 busted)...

As far as the D90 goes, I'm already snooping around for another D90 body that may have suffered an electrical failure that I can cannibalize for parts or maybe use for a transplant. I have some moderate electronics experience and I've done some repairs jobs on a few of my own cameras over the years, so I'm pretty sure I can handle it...IF I can find parts for cheap. At this point I'm not gonna put a lot of money into it...I've seen a few used D90's in decent shape around the $200 mark, but if I can snag a damaged body for $50 - $100, I think it might be worth farting around with. If push comes to shove, again I'll just use it as is...if nothing else, the LCD is fine so I can still focus with it and such and the pics taken after the accident all look fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back