Train hits teen posing on tracks

I have been on this earth for 51 years and I am still confused when I read that someone is hit by a train. How many times have we heard, don't play on train tracks? Sad for sure but stupid as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very sad. Think it's a bit heartless to say it's stupid when someone has paid the ultimate price

Very sad. Think it's a bit heartless to say it's stupid when someone has paid the ultimate price
If you want to pass out some sympathy, save it for the engineer and train crew. I'm willing to bet that being Amtrak RoW, it was VERY well posted (and even if it wasn't, it's still private property, and as my mother said, "You may not know whose it is, but you know whose it ISN'T!"), and they were fully aware that they were breaking the law.

How many times are people going to get killed when taking (tacky) photos on train tracks? I swear I've read like 10 articles this year about this same type of situation.

I have sympathy for everyone involved. We all do silly things, especially when young. This boy paid the ultimate price.I think calling it stupid is an obvious statement that maybe isn't necessary, as being there was a photo project in place, it's possible some friends etc read the forum here.

How many times are people going to get killed when taking (tacky) photos on train tracks? I swear I've read like 10 articles this year about this same type of situation.

I have read ten articles this year about Americans who gun down groups of random strangers.

What a shame. A teenager shouldn't lose his life for making an unsafe decision and it's sad when it happens.

I hope some good comes out of it in more awareness of not doing photo shoots out on railroad tracks.

I have read ten articles this year about Americans who gun down groups of random strangers.

Hah, trying to make some sort of statement? (Swing and a miss)

One is people that likely have some serious mental issues, and another is dumb people taking tacky photos in unsafe environments and get killed

Your point was a sort of "will people never learn" one and my point was taking your point and bringing it to a different scenario but I was also saying "will people ever learn". I wasn't trying to crowbar in the America and Guns issue.

The reason for going onto the tracks was stupid and the outcome is no less then a real waste.

Last edited:
I said it was sad as well. Stupid, is that everyone knows you don't play on railroad tracks but people continue to do so and expect different results. It would be heartless if I said he deserved it, which I didn't say.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have sympathy for everyone involved. We all do silly things, especially when young. This boy paid the ultimate price.I think calling it stupid is an obvious statement that maybe isn't necessary, as being there was a photo project in place, it's possible some friends etc read the forum here.
It is stupid. Just because someone paid the ultimate price as a result of these actions doesn't make it any less of a stupid thing to do. Amtrack has been campaigning against photographers using railroad tracks for quite some time now, and every other week I read articles about YET ANOTHER IDIOT being killed by a train because they were doing a photo or video shoot on railroad tracks, and every week I see more idiots posting photos from their shoots on railroad tracks. It will always be stupid, yet people keep doing it, and they keep posting their photos of models on railroad tracks on the internet, making other photographers think it's a good idea to do as well. It's very sad when someone dies because of it, but it's also stupid, and anyone who does this is an idiot in my book whether they die or not because of it. I also believe we should blatantly do everything we can to let people know that it is a stupid and idiotic thing to do, especially when someone dies because of it.

That was a very nice write-up, especially for someone who was not a "celebrity".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back