Train Tracks Model Shoot

At the very basic level, considering her brown eyes, why is she wearing blue? Why not beige, orange, rust or a colour combination that matches and sets off her eye colour? Why not match the look to the environment... as in downtown, party, night lights, bar, next to a classy car etc.?

skieur

I'd love to see the day where a TFP shoot turns into an instruction on what a model chooses to wear. LOL. Personally, I find the contrast interesting.

Anyhoo, again overeposed, but nothing that can't be fixed.
Pretty girl, nice locations, nice shots.
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you have fun here.

the retouched version is better, Try a tighter crop perhaps to get eliminate more of the OE background.

NJMAN- that does make sense. Thanks for your help :)

Elsa- thanks for the welcome & the FB... I'm enjoying these forums already (even if my pictures are getting rained on ;-)

Los Angeles- your comments are inappropriate.

I'd love to see the day where a TFP shoot turns into an instruction on what a model chooses to wear. LOL. Personally, I find the contrast interesting..

Sure for an amateur shoot, lack of experience and knowledge can result in almost any possibility but I thought this was the Professional/Business section.

In a pro shoot, the photographer makes the choices not the model.

skieur

I think you should consider taking the dress off and putting in on the tracks, and have her nude.

:lol::lol: Well, I have to admit, that your approach would certainly draw the attention of the viewer.

skieur

Well, not that everyone's mulled over the technical aspects of the photos, I feel obliged to give a short lecture...
Don't shoot on the tracks.
A: If the railway catches you, it's a steep fine.
B: It's dangerous. On those kinds of tracks, trains will come FAST, and without warning. It's the same as shooting in the middle of a road when there's a race happening on it that day.
That beig said, I do like the angles, but not the light.

I like the third one, she looks thoughtful and shows the whole dress. The first one her legs are spread to far apart for that dress, it looks a little bathroomish.
If one is going to shoot on the tracks it is best to contact the rail company in charge and ask permission. In some places it is okay though. In Oregon the tracks have been abandoned for many years and no one will ever stop you from doing anything on or near the tracks.
The music video for "Long Black Train" was shot on a streach of tracks in Chattanooga, TN. I've been on that route many times, it is just a short trip done just to take tourist back and forth for a short ride, therefore shutting down the tracks for a little while for him to do the music video is not quite the big deal that it is for most streaches.
But technically in most locations it is illegal to even go near the gravel around the tracks, much less the actual tracks themselves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back