Trainride

Pax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It was a boring and very early trip we made to mother-in-law the weekend befor the last. It was dark, cold and we've been almost to ourselves in the wagon for the first two hours, so there weren't even interesting people to look at. I cheered us up by taking some pictures. Here's the one I like best:

Trainride1.jpg

What do you think about it?

I wonder where you are!?!?!?!?!!?!?
Are you somewhere in that heap of coats?

LaFoto said:

camera is lower than the window.

i knew this wasn't the US amtrak train as soon as i saw it. ya'lls is nice and clean :)

cool shot!

This was early in the morning!
Take that same train at night and it'll look all different! ;)

And yes, I see that the camera is lower than the window and still wonder why not even the top of the camera-HOLDER's head can be seen!? I.e. the PHOTOGRAPHER! ?!?!

LaFoto said:

Nah, sure enough not. :mrgreen:

JonMikal said:
camera is lower than the window.

Yep, it was standing on the waste opposite of the one you see underneath the window. Since I wanted to catch the weird lighting conditions in the train I didn't #use the flash. So I placed the camera there and used the timer to avoid shaking.

BUT, if you're the attentive kind you CAN see me. Or at least part of me. Happy searching. :p First to find me gets a can of cyber coke.

JonMikal said:
i knew this wasn't the US amtrak train as soon as i saw it. ya'lls is nice and clean :)

Yeah, reasonabl clean it was. The "nice"-factor depends stongly on how long you have to spend there. After a total of 10 ours in these lousy trains you wouldn't consider them nice anymore. :er:

BTW, did you happen to notice the tag that someone scratched into the surface of the window-pane? I can't make my mind up if I like it or dislike it. On one hand it fits with the atmosphere of the train, on the other it draws attention from my wife (which at least to me is a bad thing).

Look different in the evening? Oh yes, you can bet your a** that it will. :mrgreen:

I spotted you! I spotted you!
Behind the coats. Quite dark, but there you are :D

Could it be Fanta, please? ;)

Sorry to disappoint you, LaFoto, but I wasn't behind the coats. So no coke yet. But if you manage to find me, your coke will be a Fanta. ;)

Oh, and thank you that I now keep looking at the coats trying to figure out which part of them or around them looks like me. LOL :lmao:

Is it not you, immediately to the left of the coats, in the seats on the other side of the middle aisle? I seem to be seeing a hairline, forehead and eyes, maybe with a hand touching the side of the face? So not IN the coats (I have long abandoned THAT idea) but behind them. Probably quite a bit further behind them?

Yeah, I like it. Nice angle :) hiding the camera out.

Is that you (read: your finger) at the edge of the frame, on the right?

The woman in the window has a reflection of herself behind her, with her face the other way. Then there is a reflection of someone else righ after that. Is that you?

mcoppadge said:
The woman in the window has a reflection of herself behind her, with her face the other way. Then there is a reflection of someone else righ after that. Is that you?

i think thats part of the headrest.

come on, dont keep was waiting :)

Sorry guys, I was busy doing stuff for uni.

The coke goes to mcoppadge. He's the closest. I must admit it really was a hard one. I'm the reflection in the window behind my wife. My wife was sitting on the aisle-side of the seat, I was sitting at the window. The window doesn't reflect her but me. I just can't be seen because my dear was busy looking at what the hell I was taking pictures of again. Lol.

Thank you everyone for looking and commenting. :D vbmenu_register("postmenu_352626", true);

.....................................................................................^
Edit: whoops, now where did this come from? I didn't write this: | (<-arrow to above)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back