Transferring photos to PC

One_Look

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought the Canon Rebel XTi and before I connected the camera to the cord>>to the computer to upload, I did what the instructions said by downloading the CD software that came with it first. Well I have an account with snapfish because they develop pictures for cheap and with a quickness, but for some reason, everytime I try to upload any pictures from my canon, the uploads all fail!!! I tried to upload them onto the computer thru the computer uploading program that is already there rather than going thru the canon software and it still won't load. Any advice...?

ps
The images are JPEG files.

:grumpy:extremely frustrated.

The quickest and easiest method to get them to your PC is to get a card reader USB 2.0 and copy the pics from the card to a folder on your pc. From there you can upload them to snapfish or better yet MPix. Card readers are pretty cheap, you can usually get a 9-in-1 or 13-in-1 for under about $20.

I agree with the idea of a card reader, makes it very easy. Even without a card reader, when you plug the camera to the computer, you should be able to see the camera from windows explorer, as an external drive. Just open it up and drag & drop the files onto your hard drive.

Although, it should work with the software...so maybe you have another problem.

A little confusion methinks, if you're talking about uploading to the online account its possibly to do with your filesize, resize your images in PS first. H

Get a card reader, regardless of your upload issues. Do not stick a live cable (even with low voltage) from an expensive computer into an expensive camera. You could short-circuit one (or both) and a reader is faster to boot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back