TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thelensflare.com
transition_2437.jpg

Please let me know what you think. I have a description of this pic here:
http://www.thelensflare.com/gallery/p_transition_2437.php

-Brian

Interesting concept, I can't say quite what it is but I like it too.

hey! great image. I've seen many like this before, so I know this concept pretty well. It appears very often in the web graphics sites. Very cool image, ande beautiful colors. If you want my opinion, try making those lines more transparent.

Yep. It's 2 pictures put together. I've been getting a ton of questions on how I made it so I'm putting together a tutorial on what I did.

The short answer is that I took 2 different pictures, color corrected them and got them all ready to be merged.

Then in PhotoShop I made several layers. One for the flower, one for the clouds, and I made a 3rd for the flower again. I used this third one and using the extract tool, I knocked out the background.

With the help of the grid/guide thingy, I selected a bunch of squares and copied those pieces of the cloud to their own layer. Then I hid the original cloud and put the new layer in between the extracted flower and it's original.

After that I created a pattern of a white square and pasted that into a new layer on the top of the stack. With this new layer, I changed the opacity and grabbed a color from the middle of the flower.

It's very nice. I'd like to see a bigger version, and perhaps some brighter more vivid colors to really make it pop.

That would make a great wallpaper.

Most reactions

Back