transporting pictures

skatephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just started my college classes and i have two photography classes and need something to transport my pictures from photoshop 7. My teacher said we could either get flash cards, usb pens, or cd-r cds. i probably wont need the flash card right away because we probably wont be shooting with digital cameras for a while, so i was gonna go with the usb pens or the cds. is there any main difference between the two such as price or picture quality. and does any cd-r blank cd work like the ones you would burn music on too. thank you.

Picture quality is the same for both cd-rs and any kind of USB removeable media. The difference in cost will be measured by how much storage you need. If you only need to move a little bit at a time, consider getting a small 128mb USB pen. If you are going to be moving lots of data, then cd-rs might be better, or even cd-rws, so you can reuse them.

As far as cds, any cd-r will burn music or data the same. cd-rws are more for data only. I wouldn't burn a music cd onto one of those.

My boyfriend has a portable USB thingy on his keychain. He loves in and it works great. He has used it to bring photos over to my house lots of times and the quality is great.

heheheh... i'm stuck on dvd-rws... but thats just me.

cd-rws are the way to go... $2 and you've got more than enough space for a hundred pics, or more depending on the resolution

:D

well, when you buy a new computer and they throw in that dvd-cd reader writer for free, you just can't help it!

thanks guys,
so i have some 700mb cd-rs. how much memory will that get me as far as how many pictures i can store. and cd-r cant be rewritting right? but the cd-rws can or do they just have more memory? thanks

Most reactions

Back