Trapped

jjphotos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I need a little help on this picture.
Just wanted a opinion on whether the PP I did on it works out and if it would be better cropped somehow.
Thanks
realp.jpg

IMO, there are two things that keep this image from having infinitely more of an impact - the bright curb and area at the top and that the statue is on a slant.
That brightness pulls the viewers' eye and the slant calls attention to itself.
Straighten the statue so it almost looks alive, do a bit of sharpening and add contrast and darken the top lodge of stone and the peripheries.
Now my eye goes to the statue in the well - and not to anything else.

?

realplllll.jpg

Agree with this analysis ^^^, but I'd crop tighter all around and eliminate the grass entirely. It still would be obvious that the statue is in a well even without as much of the rim in the frame.

IMO, there are two things that keep this image from having infinitely more of an impact - the bright curb and area at the top and that the statue is on a slant.
That brightness pulls the viewers' eye and the slant calls attention to itself.
Straighten the statue so it almost looks alive, do a bit of sharpening and add contrast and darken the top lodge of stone and the peripheries.
Now my eye goes to the statue in the well - and not to anything else.

?

View attachment 86893
Thank you! I just couldn't see what to do myself.
Looks much better.

Agree with this analysis ^^^, but I'd crop tighter all around and eliminate the grass entirely. It still would be obvious that the statue is in a well even without as much of the rim in the frame.

Thanks! I'll try that. I agree that the grass should disappear somehow.

I just couldn't see what to do myself.

This above is the most difficult and the most important part of getting good pictures.

jjphoto had a good idea to remove that annoying green but rather than trimming and making that edge too narrow, one could add some edge, eradicate the green and increase the look of solidity.

realplllll222222.jpg

call me crazy, but making it black and white would help with that distracting green. That seems like the easiest and first fix that I would try.

I just couldn't see what to do myself.

This above is the most difficult and the most important part of getting good pictures.

jjphoto had a good idea to remove that annoying green but rather than trimming and making that edge too narrow, one could add some edge, eradicate the green and increase the look of solidity.

View attachment 87178

call me crazy, but making it black and white would help with that distracting green. That seems like the easiest and first fix that I would try.
Thanks guys. It was a picture I was unsure of, but now I think I know the direction to take it in.
If you could cc my other picture Train at Dawn, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back