Trash the Dress session

I would not let someone set my dress on fire while I am wearing it. That's all I have to say about that.

Wise choice... lol

Those shots were amazing Jerry. How did you light them?

Thank-you. :) 3-point lighting. Angles change, but basically it was 2 bare speedlights from the rear and a speedlight w/umbrella from the front.

Nothing complex. :)

Thanks everyone for your ideas and thanks for the pics Jerry! Those photos are AMAZING!!! Wish we lived near a beach. Nothing like that in STL. Guess i'll just take her to a muddy river. That should make for some decent pics.
I really like the barrel idea with the dress on fire as she is walking away. Will have to find a barrel though. The hard part is trying to find all of these things!
Another photo i really want to take is of her at a junkyard of some sort with a VERY old , beat up , rusted truck. Not sure if you have to have permission to access something like that. I dont even know that i have one anywhere around me. Hmmmmm

Thanks everyone for your ideas and thanks for the pics Jerry! Those photos are AMAZING!!!

Thank-you... I have an awesome mentor and good friend. :)

Another photo i really want to take is of her at a junkyard of some sort with a VERY old , beat up , rusted truck. Not sure if you have to have permission to access something like that. I dont even know that i have one anywhere around me. Hmmmmm
If you go a day or 2 in advance and look around a few junkyards, I am sure that if you ask, they will give you permission to shoot. Also often one can find an abandoned car in a field or barn.. just a thought.

I am not fond of the idea of the dress burning in a barrel... you cannot see it's full length burning... however, hang that dress on a hanger and from a tripod with a boom arm (NOT a tree that could catch fire!), and that becomes a more viable solution where you can see it burning full length... however, be 101% sure she wants to do this, then plan 3 times, shoot once, shoot fast and shoot many. There are no second chances. This situation presents LOTS of possibilities, but play it safe, have an A-B-C fire extinguisher handy and don't use things like gas or what not. You want a dress on fire, not explosions.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back