Trash

JasonUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thoughts please...

19.jpg

:confused:

The man in the photo needs a tighter crop. It would help to get rid of the washed out sky and top parts of the photo. Second, it would help to make the gentleman more presumably the main focal point of the photo. As it stands know he is almost close enough to make the photo about him or almost far away to make the scenery the subject matter with a man in it to create a mood, a sense of human interaction. I would say crop or if you get a chance to shot again take photo closer to him or further away from him.

The tones look good and I like the concrete posts holding the fence and the front window with the grafffite.

I like the locale and subject. Well framed with good tones in the main areas. Maybe the exposure could have been different to keep the sky from blowing out too much but, overall, a nice shot.

Tuna

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

I like the idea that the photo is of the location and not of the guy, but the guy is a strong part of the image as the posts or the window and so he is also one of the significant parts. I agree he is uncomfortably in the pic, but framed, and that sort of suits the uncomfortable location. I did do other pics but dont have them to show at mo, they were closer as pure portraits of him.

I agree the sky is to beached, but was caused by the harsh sun and the deep shadow. May have another play.

Definitely not trash! Good environmental portrait. Technically I could see more details in the sky. Sounds like some thought went into the crop, so I would leave it.

as above with the sky etc, but i'd try it with the guy not looking at the camera. the fact that he's making eye contact with the camera (so to speak) makes him appear more of a focal point in the photograph. if he was, say, looking at his feet or something you wouldn;t be so instantly drawn to looking at him.

just my tuppence anyhow :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back