Travel Lens?

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes, probably the silliest question I've never asked. BUT.

Is there (?) a single lens (any brand that fits Nikon FX) that has a range of 18(or wider) to 100 (or longer) that is F4 (or faster) with superb color rendition and clarity (read IQ)

Having only researched specific lenses I have no idea what may be available.

:)

No.

You can get the huge range, or you can get the fast aperture and stellar image quality.

You can't get both at once.

Also, FX is full frame? I doubt you'll find anything at all that pushes past 100 on full frame that also goes wider than 24. I've never been a Nikonist, but I think there's a 24-120mm f/4 that might be the closest to your needs.

If you want alternate recommendations, maybe you could let us know what it is you plan to photograph?

Indeed, the closest you'll get is probably the 24-120mm f/4 VR from Nikon. Want wider? Add a lightweight wide-angle lens, such as the 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 or 20mm f/1.8—both by Nikon—and it should still be a decently small and compact travel kit (or, rather, as small as it can be with the FX format).

16-35 with a 2x teleconvertor.

I know it's not quite the range your looking for but I love my Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 for travel. It's flexible and good in low light plus has a short minimum focus distance so can function as a macro in the broadest sense of the word.

I know it's not quite the range your looking for but I love my Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 for travel. It's flexible and good in low light plus has a short minimum focus distance so can function as a macro in the broadest sense of the word.
Full frame not crop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oops, my bad!

Ok keEp in mind I own the finest Nikon glass already, the holy trinity and a few primes.

I'm going to Mexico and preferably travel light, yet not kick myself in the arse for not having my kit.

That siggy and Nikon, sound interesting! 17 is nice and wide, 70 just long enough for Portrait. This is the information I'm wondering. Nikon 24-120 May be the one, how does it rate?

Yes Gary, the D810 isn't as nice as the Sony :p

? I don't want to carry my entire kit, why is that an issue for you? If the 24-120f4 covers my needs, and it sounds perfect, what's the problem. I'm taking travel pics, family snapshots.

If it were me I'd bring the 24-70, 2.8. Granted that is still a very big/heavy lump to carry around but it is a one lens system. Plus the world won't end if you take a portrait with something less than 85mm ;).

If it were me and I was traveling for fun I'd bring my Nikon P&S and call it good.

Ya, the 24-70 is my goto but that was the purpose of this thread, to see if there was something better. F4 is plenty fast, expecially with the iso capability of the body So the added range of the 24-120 night be the ticket If iq is up to par?

Ya, the 24-70 is my goto but that was the purpose of this thread, to see if there was something better. F4 is plenty fast, expecially with the iso capability of the body So the added range of the 24-120 night be the ticket If iq is up to par?

It's not as good as the canon version but I hear the sigma art version is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back