Travel photography...Need Help

Higher ISO level means more sensitivity to light; on a sunny day there is more available light so you don't need a high ISO film. When there is less available light (on a cloudy day for example) you'll want a more sensitve (higher ISO) film, otherwise you might have to use a wide lens aperture or a longer exposure time (with a tripod) in order to get correct exposure.

Night shots are the exception here. Assuming you don't use flash for night photography, you're going to need a particularly long exposure time. Confusingly, once you get to a certain exposure time, lower ISO films actually become more sensitive than higher ones.

As for the lens, it's not specifically designed for digital and will work fine on your camera. It's a good option, but it's a commonly available lens and they're selling it for the usual price, so don't feel the need to get that one straight away if you're still unsure.

So would you say that it is safe to take 200 ISO and it will be good for both night photography (Long exposure no flash) and will be good for day light (Sunny days) too?

I studied engineering at the University and all the complicated physics and math courses didn't seem that hard, but I find all the photography's calculations and the theory behind it so COMPLICATED.. Will I ever understand it? :(

When I go on vacation, I usually bring my SLR, and a wide variety of film. From 50 - 400 ISO... black and white, and color film.

I also take my Compact digital, for when I don't / can't carry around a bulky slr. Its also nice to have because I can snap off as many random pictures as I want.

If I could afford a DSLR I would buy one, and just use film for Black and white... but thats me.

Most reactions

Back