Travel tripod

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by robimatteo, Oct 29, 2017.

1. robimatteo

robimatteo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello,
    In around two weeks I will be going to Iceland for a weekend. Unfortunately, there was some confusion with my friends and the suitcases. It ultimately came down to spending an extra 60£ for a suitcase or buying a travel tripod. I decided to go with buying a travel tripod, as it will come in useful for future backpacking travels.
    I currently own a Benreo A-600ex. It's very heavy and around 75cm in length when closed.
    I was looking online and found the Manfrotto Befree Aluminium travel tripod with Ball Head. I'm not sure with what size to for, there is a 32cm and a 40cm. I can't find much about the 32cm one online, what are the differences? how should I go about choosing one from another?
    BTW, the camera I use is a Fujifilm Xpro1
    Does anyone have any other travel tripod to recommend?
    Thank you

Roberto

2. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Personally looking at the MeFOTO Backpacker Air. Want something small and light for street I can tack to a camera bag.

3. Solarflare

Solarflare No longer a newbie, moving up!

Manfrotto BeFree is for any size really, including DSLR. Up to 4kg load. So the biggest lenses arent possible.

The shoter version is the one you probably want. More segments and better working height. Its still a travel tripod, i.e. very short, only 140cm.

P.s.: Correction: the 49cm version apparently only has a load of 2.5kg.

P.p.s.: You can check it out yourself here: https://www.manfrotto.us/products/befree