TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
More desert from me...what are the odds? :p

56741327-L.jpg

This has to be one of my fav desert shots you've posted recently. Love the composition with the tyre tracks and the sky is awsome :thumbup:

ok woody... now you need to tell me... what did you do that you have 2 completely different exposures in this shot... the sky is brilliant... and the ground too... PS? grey filter on the lens?

Thanks all :)

Mentos...I honestly didn't do much. There was a storm front coming in. Lots of solid clouds you couldn't see, blocking a lot of the light over the mountains. But there were no clouds above the ground. The ground has mineral deposits on it that make it white. So...the sun makes the ground very bright white. I had to underexpose for the fg. In ps, I just adjusted the levels, saturation, contrast and a tiny shadows/hilights adjustment.

Here's the original without crop. Underexposed, right out of the camera.

56751367-L.jpg

Great stuff Jake. One thing I can say, that I think would help this, and perhaps other landscapes you take in the future, is to not always take the photo from your persepctive. What I mean is, get higher, or get lower, but not always eye level. I think we all have the tendency to take photos standing up, as we see them, but I think this one especiall would be compelling if you had gotten down on the ground and brought the tread in close, and shown an angle that we don't normally see.

That being said, still a great shot.

Thanks Matt. I actually took several shots from either kneeling or actually laying flat on the ground yesterday. I try and either get up on my truck or get down low like you mentioned most of the time. I guess maybe when I took this one, I was trying to get a different pov than most of the others from yesterday, which was very low?
I never know whether or not I'll like a shot when I take it. Wish I had known that I would like this one, because I would have taken one from lower. I'll be posting a few others soon that you'll be able to tell right away are from a much lower perspective. Thanks again :thumbup:

Amazing shot! Love the sky too! Can't really say anything new... just love it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back