Traveling to NYC, Philly and Jersey in a few days.

ohbearded1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What would you all suggest I do in regards to walking around the city with my camera? I'm using a D90 with the good ole 18-105mm. I've been trying to find an inexpensive bandoleer strap like the Sun Sniper but cheaper, unfortunately I've found nothing and will probably have to just use the normal strap. I know the crowds will be a bit crazier this time of year. The camera will be under my jacket most of the time and I'll also have access to a few point and shoot cams.

Thanks for the tips on location to visit. Any safety tips for the transportation of the camera around the city?

Philly! Wait until you walk around the city and see all the painting's on the wall's. Have a great time.

New York City's one huge photo-op. If your time here is limited, the biggest problem you'll face is where to go. Rockefeller Center will be wall-to-wall tourists. You don't walk -- you just pick up your feet and steer. Getting any sort of a clear shot of anything takes determination. Chinatown is one of the better places for 'people' street photography. The City Hall area nearby can also be productive.

If you are not familiar with the city, do take a few minutes to learn something about the subway system. It can save you $$$ whilst getting about.

Chances are that no-one will try to hawk your gear. Just exercise reasonable caution [Like, for example, don't hand your hi-tech ultra-expensive DSLR to a convenient character and ask him to take your picture unless you can run after him really, really fast,] and make sure your homeowner's or renter's insurance covers a loss through theft.

Most reactions

Back