Treasure Island, Explored | Urban Exploration

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got around to editing shots from a trip I made to Treasure Island a few weeks ago. For those who don't know, the island is man-made, and is largely abandoned. In the past it served as a dump, naval base, host of the World's Fair, and more. Now, only a few people live on it.

My friend Phil and I know the way into a few of the more popular abandoned buildings, so we gave it a go. I really felt like the place deserved some black and white tones, and I hope to bring a model in sometime for a grungy fashion shoot.

Hope you like them! Not looking for critique, just sharing :)

LOCATION 1: Abandoned Dormitories
1. All of those panels used to be glass. Now every last one has been broken, and the floor is littered with shards.
V12aHFW.jpg

2. On the roof!
lKkRbQv.jpg

3. The amount of graffiti is truly impressive. Tags on tags on tags
5xz23GO.jpg

4. Most of these were still covered. One...was not.
u4bPLLP.jpg

UwHDucy.jpg

LOCATION 2: Abandoned Swimming Pool / Roller Derby Hall

6. I could just imagine someone sitting in this same spot 30+ years ago. Pretty cool.
yqOrMYJ.jpg

7. Probably my favorite.
p4axDbG.jpg

8. Snack Bar to the right. Derby hall straight ahead!
m7fXiKq.jpg

9. Roller Derby Hall, with 3 of 4 walls in-tact.
YERBzKr.jpg

Good find! Is this off the coast of Cali or something?

Wow... UBER-cool!!! I would kill to be able to find a location like that to explore.

It is a beautiful place, in a sort of horribly abstract way. I really would have liked to see it when all the windows were in tact. A friend did, before they all got busted out, and he says it was gorgeous.

Good find! Is this off the coast of Cali or something?

It is! Right outside of San Francisco. You can't cross the Bay Bridge without going through Treasure Island :)

nicely captured cool venue, nice perspective for me these really took me to that place

Love number 7's silhouette and the darkness of it.

Most reactions

Back