Tree- The Remix

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i opened up my photo of the tree that i took a while back and asked for help on... Played around with it again, Whats everyone's opinion on it? is it still lacking? composition issues? cheesy border?

treeborder.jpg

yeah...the border....is errr......yeah. not so much. i dont think ive ever seen a good photograph with a border, sames to say with selective coloring. and the glare on the lens is fairly destracting.

thanks for the comments, I dont usually add borders, sometimes i think they make a photo look better, for instance, black borders always make photos look more professional to me, but thats me, and not everyone. I think i shot this through my 40 dollar fisheye lens, so thats probably why the glare is so prominant...

not sure if it is my eyes or my monitor...but most of the images you posted are a bit on the soft side?

you shoot with the a100! well im glad to see im not the only one.

I like the border... alot actually... I like having the tree go through the border. I agree with Funky about the glare... It really does take away from the picture IMHO. It's a little soft for my tastes, but... over all I really like this picture.

thanks everyone for the continuing comments. I also think my photos are a little soft and i dont know how to make them better, i almost always sharpen in photoshop too... i upload the full size file to photobucket, could their compression be messing them up?

I like the border.. I like the way the tree sticks out from the border.. Thats different. The lens flare distracts me. I'm not a pro... but there is my 2 cents... Great picture overall.. I need to learn Depth of field..

I'm just going to say with respect to the border that digital images should only be displayed with borders in order to mimic matting and framing. While it's true that occasionally one might file down part of the negative holder in their enlarger in order to create a black border around their print, this isn't one of those cases. So ask yourself this: Would you print this photo and then matte and frame it? Or would you somehow paint the tree onto the corner of a black frame? Or over the matting? Any of them would look completely preposterous. To be completely honest, the tree going through the border thing looks like you're trying way too hard, and to no end except making it look more neo-"artsy."

As for the photo itself, the composition is alright, if cluttered. But the lens flare is simply unacceptable in this case.

Thanks maxbloom.... I dont really think i was trying too hard or anything though, it took me like 5 minutes and i just did it because i've never sold a print in my life, so i wasnt really creating this image with that intent. Photos CAN stay on a computer, they dont need to be matted and framed in my opinion. thanks for the critique though. some people like the frame, some people dont i guess

Photos CAN stay on a computer, they dont need to be matted and framed in my opinion.

Fair enough. Keep me posted the next time you sell one to someone who's going to hang their monitor on the wall. :lmao:

its been done... lol, a lot of stores have hanging plasma displays these days, and digital photo frames as well... but what i'm trying to say, is that i had no intent on selling the photo in the first place. i've only sold like 8 photos before and they were stock so i only made a couple dollars off all of them . I dont consider myself a professional or anythign

lol, yeah, i'm pretty sure my cell phone has OLEDs' in it, they're supposedly easier to see when its sunny out than a regular lcd screen

Most reactions

Back