Trees in Courts

Gunderground

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
courts.png

Hmmm?

what are you trying to convey in this image? what do you like or dislike about it?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Tell us about your process here, Gunderground. :) Can't offer critique without it!

It's a tennis court with water on it with the reflection of the sun and trees in it. Then I flipped it digitally.

The only reason I usually take pictures is because they are aesthetically pleasing to my eye, and because they are things not captured in a normal manner(abstract).

I can't say I dislike anything about this particular photo, but I was looking for other people's opinions besides my own.

I get it a little better now, but I don't understand the need for the flip. It's hard to figure as it is, and may make more since the other way...

i'm getting dizzy looking at this one...

It almost looks like a double exposure, but isn't. Until you explained what it was, I had no idea, but after the explaination, it does spark a little interest.

With your explanation this photo is beginning to appeal to me!
I have just finished doing my "visit-the-TPF-gymnastics" of this morning (and no one took a photo of me doing that, thankfully! ;)) and looked at it in the "normal way" (is such a position that I took up normal??? :scratch: ) ... and now I am beginning to understand what I see.

And now I am beginning to LIKE what I see.

I am all for the flipped version, I think it's a cool idea to turn the reflections around and make them seem "the right way", not upside down. It made me look once, twice ... several times.

Without your explanation, though, I might have looked at it once, thought "weird" and gone to the next...

wooooow very interesting!! i would also like to see it flipped, but i like it as it is for the real thing. this is a VERY abstract photo, which makes it difficult to critique. since it is flipped, the trees seem right-side up, making it all the more confusing to the eye (which is a good thing for these types of shots!). the more i look at this, the more i like it. that is, if you meant for it to be abstract :)

I think it would be more understandable (as to what this is a shot of) if you included the edges of the puddle if possible. Then I think it would be easier to tell that it's a puddle and that the trees are a reflection. My first reaction to the shot was that I thought that it was a double-exposure of some sort.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back