trees in some water

mykill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sorry no fancy title....i was hoping to get some comments on these shots...about welll pretty much the whole shot....compostion, colors and everything else...i did some postwork as in curves, contrast, and thats about it...

watertrees1-1.jpg

watertrees2-1.jpg

That's two different photos and two versions of the second.
Decide for the one you want critiqued and post the other in General, I say.

Or remove the top pic since with its very blown-out sky it won't stand any critique for long, anyway. It has too many purely technical issues (the sky is simply very overexposed and no postprocessing will be able to correct that).

Cropping out the sky was a good idea on the second one. Way too much dead white space in number on. Since I am an old film shooter and know that If I expose for the colorful trees the sky does that, it doesn't bother me all that much. The only reason is that you could have cropped it like number two and It would have been fine in my opinion.

I did toy with it and just did a very pale blue color substitute up there and a little cloning and it was cured, but I wouldn't have even bothered with that if it was mine.

I thing a close crop with just a little of the sky would cure all tis ills plus lowering the game.

I don't care much for the b&w one. over all the second is your best for the reasons stated above .... In my opinion.

I dislike number 3, it just looks wrong... I mean why would you take a picture of gorgeously colorful fall leaves, just to make it black and white?

I actually like number one the best, I feel that the inclusion of the pathway adds a certain personality to the picture. Some of that insanely white sky could be cropped to make it less distracting, but like Mysteryscribe, I dont mind seeing blown out sky at the expense of gorgeous colors.

i just tried to make it bw for soemthing different....guess it was a bad idea....

thanks for the input so far...it was a bright mid day shot so it was the best i could do....im not good at the technical and i dont have a dslr so....

mykill said:
i just tried to make it bw for soemthing different....guess it was a bad idea....

thanks for the input so far...it was a bright mid day shot so it was the best i could do....im not good at the technical and i dont have a dslr so....

who's ever heard of a bad idea in post processing? As long as you didn't delete the original for monotone i wouldn't call it a bad idea, just not my taste.

Sorry if i came off a little harsh or like you messed up, not my intentions at all; I just think that your colored versions are a ton better than the black and white.

no you didnt come off harsh...but you made me realize that it didnt work

the first pic is tilted.

the 2nd pic has trees coming out of the water, but they're distracting because they don't have much detail and i had to figure out what they were or where they were leaving the water.

pretty colors though. i'm hoping my fall folliage pics turn out as colorful

Most reactions

Back