Trey Ratcliff's HDR course

Bynx- I hear you!!

As far as work flow I have my own and developed that by my lonesome as you and others. This course is not just Photomatix infact a small percentage is photomatix. In the past I have had trouble with haloing I had to figure it out on my own. Sometimes I did a good job and sometimes I did a poor job. I looked online and did not see to much on this subject that made sense. Not that Trey is my idle or god or anything like that but he discussed a way to help prevent it that really really works and how to correct it in photoshop and that my friend was a great lesson. Also some of the how to videos on line all though are great and thats where I learned a lot many of them left me confused at times.. not all but a handful. What you put in you put out and if you see it as a waist of money or not its all good. Remember that you are a seasoned HDR enthusiast and what is the number one question people have hear when they are new. What software to use, how to do it. I took the time to show a very great method I created to make a very realistic photo using HDR. Some folks pmd me with questions about it worked and some had trouble. I do not have the time that it takes to try to teach what I do and besides that all though I think my processing rocks honestly I am still very new to it and I know that there still is a road ahead in which to grow and learn. SO......this is a perfect course for folks that want a complete package from start to finish. The problem with youtube videos there are a lot of people posting their methods of how to and there are many methods and they don't quite cover everything all in one. This course is good in that one person takes you from start to finish. I am sure even you would pick something up that maybe your not seeing, maybe. $100 is nothing to sweat over. Along with that you get the hdr clubhouse forum where I know you would like and then the hdrspotting website that I had not clue about but its only an invite only site (just to post pictures) viewing is open to the public. But still I did not know about this site until now and I am sure you would enjoy that site as well. I have been invited and when I get the opportunity to receive invite codes I have you and a few others on my list.

Other than that its all relative like I said $100 is nothing to sweat and if you could learn 1 or even 2 new techniques that helped you grow to me its worth it. Since I have a family of 6 thats like two - three meals eating out when we don't need to. I wold not starve the family to do this but just making a point. We spend money all the time on things that do not better ourselves why not once in a while spend it on yourself to learn something new. IF you look at it with a closed eyes/doors than yeah waist of time and money but if you go into it with open eyes/doors you will learn a few things.

With that said, great course for beginners that want a package course and actually folks there to help them out in the forum.

One thing you have to share is where 6 people can have 2 or 3 meals for $100. I took my son out for supper last week. That cost $140. The dessert was good and we sat next to the mayor of our town, but I cant imagine feeding 6 twice for 100.

Well that would not be expensive restaurants of course :er:. Subway, Mc Donalds , Pizza.....:drool:

I am new to both photography & HDR and decided to sign on to Stuckincustoms 11 hr course and I am about 90% through the lessons. What I did not realize as a newbie, and now painfully realize, is that Photomatix is the tip of the iceberg and Photoshop post processing (at which I am another newbie) is the rest. I have CS4 and would like to upgrade to CS5 but don't know if my and Topaz plug in & other plug ins will automatically load in to CS5 when I install it. Anyone know the answer to this?
Back to Stuckincustoms. 80% of the 11 hour course is Trey's philosophical musings which is ok but isn't what I am paying for. All in all the course is excellent for a newbie. I learned the basics of layers, and layer masks and probably most importantly learned the importance of getting good at Photoshop. I am considering finding a local tutor for one on one PS teaching.

trey does a good job with an intro to HDR but I know lots of people that have better tricks then he does and dont advertise overpriced software. One of my favorite photogs prefers to layer his shots manually as opposed to using a processing engine like photomatix or PS. His results are amazing but you have to be more of a PS wizard to follow his steps.

you will have to reload your plug ins they won't automatically load. They will work , but you h ave to do the loading in the new software.

Most reactions

Back