Triborough Bridge Sunset

AnthonyNYC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
TriboroughBridgeSunset1%20.JPG

A view from the edge of Astoria park, NYC...if u wanna see more, my album lives here:http://www.joemap.com/ualbum61.html

Thanks for any input!!! :mrgreen:

you really need to catch the sun behind the bridge for this shot to work. Right now, it's just too blown out. Also, for color shots where you really need the colors to pop out, i'd try a vibrant slide film (instead of what looks like is print film). Stop it down if you have to...you wanna leave the shutter open as long as possible to really get good color saturation, but watch for over-exposure. If you wanna make something out of this shot, i'd honestly try a black and white conversion, as the sunset really isnt your typical burning orange/yellow colorful thing. The sunlight in this shot just looks too white. If you're going to use PS, i'd try b&w convert, and then probably shadow/highlight to bring out some detail in the under-exposed areas.

if you could w8 afew minutes when the sun would be vey low... just above the buildings and under the brigde it would be way better. now the sun is overexposed and actually it looks like a "blast"

Welcome to TPF. That's a nice shot for a first/early post, and the helpful hints above should make it even better.

Where else around the Big Apple have you been shooting??

I give you credit for trying such a shot. I can never seem to shoot into the sun just right. The last time I tried to do a sunset, there was cloud cover that I couldnt' see (due to the sun being in my eyes).

Feel free to post some of your NY stuff at my page as well.

Good luck with the Triboro... If you shoot it again, I hope you post it.

Take Mentos advice a little farther and wait for the sun to duck behid the buildings you should get a nice silloutette of the skyline and on the right day a beatiful orange pink sky. I find when shooting landscapes its best in the early morning or late afternoon/sunset/dusk. Late morning to mid afternoon skys on a clear day are boring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back