Trifecta of Woodpeckers

I'm enjoying the "portrait"!

These are very nice. I can say in all honesty that I have never photographed a bird (or anything else) in -25 degree weather.

Nice shots. Not sure where you took these of if you have more shots but the first looks like it possibly could be a Hairy Woodpecker. 2nd shot is definitely a female Downy. Do you have any other shots of the male?

Nice shots. Not sure where you took these of if you have more shots but the first looks like it possibly could be a Hairy Woodpecker. 2nd shot is definitely a female Downy. Do you have any other shots of the male?
It was a Downy the Hairy was in another tree and the size difference is big when there that close

It was a Downy the Hairy was in another tree and the size difference is big when there that close

If you saw both then you're surely correct on the ID.

What a magnificent looking creature the Red Bellied woodpecker is. Having never seen one before, I love to see more. Is that the male or female?

Most reactions

Back