Trip report laos by way of bangkok

Thank you for the updates. I enjoy reading them immensely. Stay safe.

Thnx.
Every day is just jammed full of stuff that would be better with Pictures so I will wait until I get back.
For reference, we are in Muang Khua, Laos, on the Ou River.
Tomorrow is a rest day, then day after we goby boat to Mouang Ngoi, a river town with no road connection.
then 3 days at another river town, then to Lang Prabang and then bangkok and home.
Spent an hour talking with a young man who spent ten years as a monk but finally Realized it wasn't for him.

Sorry about typos, working on a damn ipad.

Thnx.
Every day is just jammed full of stuff that would be better with Pictures so I will wait until I get back.
For reference, we are in Muang Khua, Laos, on the Ou River.
Tomorrow is a rest day, then day after we goby boat to Mouang Ngoi, a river town with no road connection.
then 3 days at another river town, then to Lang Prabang and then bangkok and home.
Spent an hour talking with a young man who spent ten years as a monk but finally Realized it wasn't for him.

Sorry about typos, working on a damn ipad.
Ohh, I hope you are having a magical time!

6:30 am on Monday
image.jpg

morning in a small river town in the people's democratic republic of Laos. Speakers go on with patriotic music and, perhaps, exhortations to do good for the country.
Worker sweeps courtyard with fronds from the broom tree, monks go by from monastery down the street.

I am off to breakfast before boat trip down the Nam Ou ( Ou river)

image.jpg
Reached muang noi, a small backpacker locus, with no road but lots of boats.
Sitting on porch overlooking Nam Ou.
Room was $10.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hotel is small 'resort' outside on Nong Khiaw on the river Ou.

After a bottom shattering trip down the river we arrived here about 11 to find our hotel is a virtual paradise.
Palms, river and mountain views and, except for our two rooms, empty.
Continuous hot water, a semi- rarity here, ac, picture windows onto the river, cheap good beer, what more is there to want?

image.jpg

36629_526909042_l.jpg

I know you're enjoying ;)

Today I located a man I had met in 2007. I had brought alone a print of a photo I had taken of him then.

He invited me and my traveling partner to a Lao baci ceremony tonight. I leave it to you to look that up.

Baci - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Lounging on Verona watching mountains and drinking mango shake. I fee

take some pictures for us!

What was the photo?

Most reactions

Back