Trip shots for C&C

Josh220

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some shots on an off-roading/camping trip with a group from another forum. C&C appreciated.

20090801-_DSC1248.jpg

20090801-_DSC1294.jpg

20090801-_DSC1298.jpg

20090801-_DSC1317.jpg

The long exposure shots are very noisy. Normally you want to use a low ISO setting for long exposure shots...the lower the better to help keep noise out of the image. The 2 shot at ISO 3200 are really noisy but the 1 shot at ISO 1600 isn't as bad.

I've shot 30 second night shots with my Canon XTi set to ISO 100 and the image comes out pretty clean. No noise reduction needed in PP.

The long exposure shots are very noisy. Normally you want to use a low ISO setting for long exposure shots...the lower the better to help keep noise out of the image. The 2 shot at ISO 3200 are really noisy but the 1 shot at ISO 1600 isn't as bad.

I've shot 30 second night shots with my Canon XTi set to ISO 100 and the image comes out pretty clean. No noise reduction needed in PP.
obviously for long exposures one would need a tripod. specially if they're anything like me ... i can't hold the camera still for the life of me, regardless how STIFF i try to be :-$

When I went to lower ISO's the shot wouldn't even come out. It stayed dark. The only light was coming from the moon and the fire, and even at ISO 1600 most of those shots wouldn't come out. I tried, but had to go back to 3200. I'd need to do it in bulb mode with a remote, because 30 seconds isn't long enough at lower ISO's.

I like the reflections your getting off the cars. My favorite pic is number 2. You could hold down the shutter button yourself and use one of those beautiful cars to steady yourself.

I like the reflections your getting off the cars. My favorite pic is number 2. You could hold down the shutter button yourself and use one of those beautiful cars to steady yourself.

Or I could just leave it on the tripod that I used. :lol:

You guys thought I stood there perfectly still for 20-30 seconds?

Thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

Back