Trip to India 3 - Some sights

LaFoto'sSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
AkbarsTomb-Sikandra2-klein.jpg

Akbar's Tomb in Sikandra ... A study of shadows, repetition and converging lines

Delhi-RedFort-klein.jpg

Red Fort in Old Delhi - Another study in repetitions, lines and wonderful patterns. This palace is made of white marble with inlay work of semi-gems.

Amberfort-Marmormcke-klein.jpg

Amber Fort near Jaipur, another palace made from white marble, and here they chiselled a mosquito out of the stone.

FatehpurSikri-Jaliis-klein.jpg

Lattice work window (called "Jaliis") in Fatehpur Sikri

FatehpurSikri-Kinderwunsch-klein.jpg

Detail of "Jaliis" with colourful threads - women who wish to get a son pray and put the threads into the lattice work

Kuchaman-klein.jpg

View from the fort over Kuchaman - the fort is on a rock, 300m above the town

moderneMaharadscha-Kutsche-klein.jpg

Haha, what a sight. A modern carriage for a Maharaja :D

The most famous sight will be shown in an extra thread.

I like number 1 but I didn't really notice the shadow until you mention it though.

These are really really good, IMHO. Wow. LOVE #1 (such warm colours, and you lined up the doorways just perfectly). Love 4 and 6 too.

Shhh, may I tell you all a secret?
Photo 1 ... I saw that one and said "You must post this one, you must!", when she would have considered it too boring to post ;). But I worked on the levels a bit in Photoshop (my sister doesn't understand Photoshop as yet, but she'll get there, too, I am sure) and voilà! :D

Bumped upon my sister's request - else she does not know how to find her threads again.

Most reactions

Back