Trip to Namibia, Day 2 (many photos)

LaFoto'sSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We saw so much and I have so many photos (nearly 6000), it is so difficult to choose the nice ones. I hope you like the photos that I show you?

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_0_scan1.jpg

A special kind of acacia

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_0_scan2.jpg

This is interesting for Corinna's husband. This is a very famous place for glider flyers. Bitterwasser Flying Centre. They say every glider pilot who wants to fly very long distances flies here.

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_2_scan1.jpg

A first wild animal! A gnu. We saw that one on a safari

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_3.jpg

Other part of our group in their safari car. I was in one of them, too, with others.

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_3_scan1.jpg

We are in the Kalahari Desert

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_3_scan2.jpg

Here is our driver and he shows us the big nest of a weaver bird

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_3_scan3.jpg

Again we saw the sun set, this time over the Kalahari Desert

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_3_scan4.jpg

An ostrich chick. It was ill. The driver said it cannot walk. It would be eaten by an animal at night.

A_Chr_Namibia_03-10-05_3_scan6.jpg

On the way to our hotel for that night we came through the rush-hour in the Kalahari Desert!

What is this? Swamping-the-board-night?
Eh!
Don't get mad.
I'm glad you're posting these here at long, long last!!!

yeah!! that's what i wanted to see :D:D:DD: great! thank you once again :D

I'll tell Christiane that you seem to like her photos, and it will hopefully make her continue "spamming the board" (Christiane? Spamming? If only a little more...........) with more of her photos. I happen to know for a fact that there are more animal photos to come for Mentos :D. But apparently it is on weekends at the most that she makes it online...

She could really increase her post count if she started a thread for each photo!:lol:

I love the road in that last one! WOW! If only we could have roads like that for Road Rallies in the UK!:thumbup: :D

Since I was telling you about Christiane's first series, I might as well add it to here and the other two:

Of these, only Photo 4 is digital. All the others are digitalised prints. Suffering in the process...

Won't reply to all 4 because I'll just be repeating myself I think.

These are all wonderful series and you captured some great photos and I look forward to opeining the rest of these that you post :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back