Trip to NY

VaE39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I'm kind of new to the photography world. Here are a few pictures I took when I went to visit a friend in NYC. Comments/Criticisms welcomed. These are all straight out of the camera with no editing so feel free to edit some of them if you want.

ToysRUs.jpg

Pier17.jpg

Rooftops.jpg

BrooklynBridge.jpg

Wowwww! I can't believe how sharp your photos are! What kind of camera are you using? I love your photo of the bridge. NYC is so beautiful,yes? :D

these look great! you have a nice eye for comp. these will need very little pp imoh.

j

i actually liked the 3rd one. it's kinda intriguing to me...

Wowwww! I can't believe how sharp your photos are! What kind of camera are you using? I love your photo of the bridge. NYC is so beautiful,yes? :D

Its beautiful.....from a distance.

Those are great shots, I love the last one.

I like 3 &4 great images. Did you take a ride or just took a shot? What else do you have from times square?

last one is very good, would like to see it bigger like renair said. from where did you take that one?

What else do you have from times square?
i don't think there are any times square pictures in this batch

The little touch of lila in the 4th Photo takes it up a notch. I love that one. I would just crop it so that the building to the right which goes all the way up can't be seen.

You have an excellent sense for composition.

i don't think there are any times square pictures in this batch

Yeah that's the toys r us at times square, the first image. I know that ride from any where. Unless that's another ride in another toys r us... times square is the only one I know of in ny.

Thanks everyone. The first shot was from the ToysRUs in times square. It was a busy day so I didn't get much from when we were there. The other three are shot near Wall St (Pier 17). The ones from the roof are taken from an apartment I was staying at during the visit. Actually, if you're confident enough, you could just walk into any apartment building near there and go to the roof for a shot. This was the best one because there was no glass blocking the edges like most places.

BTW it was shot from a Nikon D80 with the regular kit lens 18-55. I had to stop at a Radio Shack to get a cheap tripod for the 2 night shots

Most reactions

Back