Trip to San Francisco

Moe Sizlack

Student
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to SF this week and was wondering if anybody had suggestions for good photo opportunities. I have been once before and did the touristy stuff and was curious if anybody had any suggestions for "off the beaten path" type stuff. I just got a Rebel XT last week and am looking forward to putting it through it's paces. So if anybody knows any secret places I am all ears.

Come on your secret is safe with me, no ones listening. :hail::hail::hail:

sutro baths are cool, I also like that area on the ocean side of the golden gate bridge near the presideo. If your brave you can climb down the cliffs and get some neat pictures.

The Golden Gate park has some neat areas like the tea garten

also south of market street has some more industrial like places

I personally do more nature stuff, so i end up exploring places outside of the city, like Point Reyes or parts of highway 1

I personally do more nature stuff

That reminds me, Muir Woods! How can I forget that!

Also, take the GG Bridge north to Saulsalito, you can take great pictures of SF from "the other side", and afterwards, you can get an ice cream cone at Lapert's ice cream (macadamia nut ice cream, ahhhhghghhghghghghghg!)

There are so many places for viewing and taking images.
Few of them are as follow:

Golden Gate Bridge
Golden Gate Park
Alcatraz Island
Japanese Tea Garden
Fisherman's Wharf
Cable Cars
Lombard Street

Good shooting

at the end of the day, if you have a car, go across the GG, take the first right after the tourist view area, go sharp left thru tunnel as if you were going back to SF but bear to the right up the hill onto the Marin Highlands. That's where all the great pix of the bridge come from.

Thanks for the great suggestions. The Sutro baths and Muir woods sound really cool.

Most reactions

Back