Trip to the Zoo

Kimber57

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nature? Well, I guess so. I couldn't decide which forum to post these.......

Yesterday I turned 50 -- ouch. I talked my husband and daughter into a trip to the zoo so I could practice taking pictures! Yes, it was nearly 100 degrees, but it was a FUN day.......About 400 pictures were taken........fortunately for you I'm only posting a few!!

1. The Giraffe -- my personal favorite animal at the zoo!
tn_2007_0820zoo500250.jpg

tn_2007_0820zoo500246.jpg

tn_2007_0820zoo500235.jpg

4. I was lucky to get this picture. This tiger was pacing like crazy!
tn_2007_0820zoo500187.jpg

5. This is a capybara. He yawned just as I was taking the picture -- My, what BIG teeth he has!!
tn_2007_0820zoo500162.jpg

tn_2007_0820zoo500111.jpg

tn_2007_0820zoo500023.jpg

8. OK, I'll stop, I'll stop!! This is the last one....
tn_2007_0820zoo500013.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Thanks for looking, everyone!!

I like these..and number four is a tiger not a lion lol...I need to hit the zoo soon too

I like these..and number four is a tiger not a lion lol...I need to hit the zoo soon too

HA HA HA HA -- it is the right animal, wrong picture!! The tiger actually got quite close to the glass where we were snapping the pictures. I didn't even notice I posted the wrong picture!!! I'll have to post the lioness pacing!! HA HA

Thanks for your nice comments.

Heck, Thanks.....LOL

I enjoyed shooting the animals (with the camera, that is!)

I envy you your giraffe photos! Last I was in the zoo (my present to my husband's 51st birthday), I never exposed really right on the giraffes, the setting sun was playing tricks on me and the surroundings, and not even readjustment in the RawShooter-programme could help things get any better. So there. I envy you your giraffe photos!

And tigers ... yes. Well. They pace. And pace. And pace and pace. :D

I envy you your giraffe photos! Last I was in the zoo (my present to my husband's 51st birthday), I never exposed really right on the giraffes, the setting sun was playing tricks on me and the surroundings, and not even readjustment in the RawShooter-programme could help things get any better. So there. I envy you your giraffe photos!

And tigers ... yes. Well. They pace. And pace. And pace and pace. :D

Thanks so much for your nice comments. It was quite shadowy with the sun so bright, so I had to move around a lot to try to get the shadows to not be so predominant in the pictures -- sometimes I was successful, sometimes not -- I guess that's the way photography goes sometimes!

Anyway, thanks again.

Great set of shots. The last one is just great brilliant effect.
What zoo/ country???

Tucson Zoo

Tucson, Arizona

USA

Wow, thanks for the nice comments. Very nice of you.

Kimber

I agree with Hoppy, the last looks kind of 3D, as if it's pulling you in..

Great series.. Thanks.

I agree with Hoppy, the last looks kind of 3D, as if it's pulling you in..

Great series.. Thanks.

Thanks for the nice comments -- I continue to study, practice, study, practice. I have a long way to go, so these comments are encouraging to me........thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back