Triple A farm club

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How about a little tough light, late in the game, night Professional baseball. Triple A OKC Dodgers and the Nashville Sound from Saturday night. Hope you enjoy them.

1) The wind up. This was from my purchased seat behind home plate (and the netting).

18223959374_3b12efb24e_c.jpg

3) Out at first. I improved my seat when I saw some people leaving.

18658853320_ff4e1d5b9a_c.jpg

4) Pitchers turn to get the out on first.

18820327336_cafb122795_c.jpg

4) The final out of the game.

18658811308_c73058c2d7_c.jpg

5) He finally gloved that last out.

18841445242_0b12bfbc6e_c.jpg

Nice set Ron. When I liked the first photo on Flickr, I never noticed the netting. The 1st & 2nd shots are my fav.

Thanks Jaca. I did my best on that first one to manual focus on the pitcher, in hopes that the netting would fade away.

I like that 2nd one too. I have 3 shots in sequence of that play I processed two of them and put them on flickr.

Here is the last shot (and the out) of that one.

18841429452_e09a6d1a12_c.jpg

Thanks Jaca. I did my best on that first one to manual focus on the pitcher, in hopes that the netting would fade away.

I like that 2nd one too. I have 3 shots in sequence of that play I processed two of them and put them on flickr.

Here is the last shot (and the out) of that one.

View attachment 103554

Was it somewhat a short hop or just a low throw?

Nice job Ron :icon_thumright:

Nice set. I hate netting. lol They added more in hockey which can make it a challenge to figure out how to use it or work thru it, pain in the... Well anyway, your framing is nice and straight. Makes a difference in sports with all the posts and poles and signage. Nice clean compositions too. Very nice.

I might think about when you have a player coming in close to flip the camera into a vertical position so you don't lose part of the shoe or top of the head, etc. I think the more you practice the more you make those split second decisions as things happen without having to think about it.

Thanks Sharon. Yeah, I cropped a few of them that way in order to get the action piece of it.

While I was editing, I got to thinking about how I should have shot some panning of the runners to first base. (Something to try next time.)

I also hate the netting in baseball parks. they should leave a little hole for the photogs

nice set Ron. Netting fades away i think it works

Most reactions

New Topics

Back