Tripod and head...

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a tripod (a good one) and a good head. What should I be looking for? I am willing to pay about $200....

Thanks...

I would look at the Bogen line......and maybe a few Bogens......... and then search around for maybe a Bogen.

.........your magic number will be 3021 :wink:

You may want to look at the Bogens too.

Bogen/Manfrotto is my suggestion as well.

When talking tripods...you can either get one that is...

inexpensive & light but flimsy

light & sturdy but expensive

Heavy & sturdy & moderately priced.

I have a Benbo. It's a pain to use but wonderful for macros once you get the legs to obey. Definately not a tripod if you want to set up and go quickly! :LOL:

I also have a Bogen 3021 with the speed grip head. It's awesome! Make sure you get a head with a quick release plate. :thumbsup:

I have a rather limited economy and don't earn anything from my hobby, so I would like a cheaper alternative. I do want a tripod that is light weight and easy to set up though...

I am aware of the fact that "you get what you pay for", but what's the best you can get for let's say $100 or less, including head and leveler? :?:

I have a Velbon they fit my price range quite nicely and provide a good secure platform to take pics from. The model I have is a CX660 and supports my 20D with the 300mm zoom (which combined is not a light set up) without any problems.

Most reactions

Back