Tripod and head

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by StreetShark, Jun 11, 2007.

1. StreetShark

StreetShark TPF Noob!

How does this tripod and head sound?
    Induro A-113 Alloy 6M Tripod
    Gitzo Centre Ball Head - 0 Magnesium, G1077M

How is the tripod for weight to size? Is it sturdy? Is it durable? Any thing else I should know? As for the head does it stay put well? No shiffting to one side or any thing? Will these 2 work together (I'm pretty sure they will)?

2. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

I can honestly say I have never heard of Enduro tripods. Is this a cheaper brand? Why are you going with them. Also personally I am not a big fan of ballheads but if you are going for a compact size I guess thats the way to go.

3. EOS_JD

EOS_JD TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I use the Bogen 3021 & the 488RC4 ballhead. Superb combo. Ballheads are quick and easy to set up and the one I have holds my 20D, 70-200f2.8L IS (w 1.4x) and a 580EX flash (which is quite a weighty setup). the control and speed of a ballhead over the pan/tilt for me is quite marked. Some prefer the pan/tilt but you'll find most people are using the ballhead for the reasons I noted.

Above all you need a quality product not cheap and nasty.

Saying that the Induro doesn't get many reviews and any I've seen are not particularly bad.

4. Andreal

Andreal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I recently bought a 190PROB and a 804RC2 head from Manfrotto and I could not be happier. As to what kinda head you want my opinion is to just go into the store and try some different ones, thats what I did and decided for the types of photos I want to be taking the 804RC2, 3 point head was the one for me :D

Hope you get something you like, having a tripod is the best investment I have made into my photography so far :D

5. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I also have a 190 tripod and I love it. I have the 486RC2 ballhead and I'm not sure how it is different but I like it a lot.

I would agree with the go and check out different ones at a store and see which one you like.

6. StreetShark

StreetShark TPF Noob!

What about the Manfrotto 190DB Basic is that the same as the PROB?