Tripod choice?

Ok, time to start saving.

The one thing I'm not too keen about the head is it doesn't seem to have the capability to mount horizontally, like the 322RC2. Basically, you are always going to have a higher center of gravity and with heavier kits mounted, that doesn't sit well with me because I think it could be toppeled over easier. Although the 322 can be mounted vertically, it doesn't have to be.

I could be wrong.

The one thing I'm not too keen about the head is it doesn't seem to have the capability to mount horizontally, like the 322RC2. Basically, you are always going to have a higher center of gravity and with heavier kits mounted, that doesn't sit well with me because I think it could be toppeled over easier. Although the 322 can be mounted vertically, it doesn't have to be.

I could be wrong.

Never had an issue with a F4s and 300 f/2.8 combo. Have not had D300/ MB-D10/ 300 2.8 on it yet, but would think similar balance. Other than having to tighten up on the thumb wheel a little bit, no issues.

The one thing I can see besides the lower hight, is I think the 322 might be a little easier to control if you have a set up that isnt balanced well and going over on the side for vertical shots. Seems that grip would allow more control.

I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but if you're looking for reasonably priced and practical, check out what Targus can offer. Not the highest quality, but the one I have is extremely durable and has never given me problems for last-minutes shoots. Hope this helped!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back