Tripod color

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am getting a tripod, and I am pretty sure I want a tiltall STO1 after reading reviews and its well priced. It comes in Black, "Chrome", and Gold. It occurred to me that the chrome one might cause reflections in my pictures, is this true? is there any reason why the Chrome colored one would mess up my pictures?

If you were taking a picture of something reflective (shop window, paint job on a car, etc) I would think that the chances of the tripod being visible would be much higher.

Other than being able to see the tripod in a reflection, I don't think it would mess up a picture. It's probably a brushed or matte chrome finish, so it shouldn't be reflecting a ton of light.

...I would get the black one.

edit
...although - Depending on the circumstances, the black one might be easier to spot in a reflection. Still, black is cooler. That's what really counts. ;)

Last edited:
Ya, I do shoot mostly cars, but I don't think I will be using it while shooting cars very often. In the pictures it looks like its a polished chrome color, which is why it could potentially be very high reflecting.
I personally like the black too, but I just feel like it would get scratched very easily and be very noticeable compared to scratches on a chrome surface, but I may end up going with the black

If you shoot a lot of cars, you'll probably have the reflection problem to deal with either way - depending on what color the car is.

[just looked it up]
Wow, that is pretty shiny (the gold one too).

(I would still go with black)

It shouldn't scratch up too much, and if it does they will be small and hard to see. If it gets really bad, you could just spray some flat black spray paint on it. Unless you're going to be dragging it down gravel roads, it should be fine though.

depending on your budget just rough it up with some steel wool and grab the matte black spray paint and some tape.

Do the gold. You show up to the spot and bust out a blingin' ass tripod, people are gonna know you're the real deal. I'd recommend getting your initials done up in diamonds on the side too for added effect :thumbup:.

Do the gold. You show up to the spot and bust out a blingin' ass tripod, people are gonna know you're the real deal. I'd recommend getting your initials done up in diamonds on the side too for added effect :thumbup:.

:lol::lol::lol:

+1. Gold would be pimp.

It'd be funnier if you stenciled on it, "Playa" or something like that.

I should get some gold spray paint and paint all my equipment gold

Here's the pitch: C-3PO Photography. Get yourself the D60 gold edition with that tripod and your business will be poppin' off yo! Get a grill with the cash you generate in the first week.

(get the black).

Most reactions

Back