Tripod for everything

germandude77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey!
I am looking for a good ans sturdy tripod. I have looked at a few websites but haven't found anything useful. I want a tripod that is very low less that 15cm
weight does not matter. Height is also not such a big deal more that 165cm would be ideal. I don't know if this exists but it would be cool if I could use it in the water. Not in saltwater though. Cost less than 230€ Any suggestions would be cool.

quick questions is this less than 15cm to allow you to do macro work or for low positioning of heavier setups like telephotos? Also what sort of lenses and camera setups are you going to mount onto the tripod as well as the type of tripod head that your looking at?

I have a Promaster 6400. It's really a video tripod but it is big and sturdy (70"). The panhead handle is not in the right position for photography but I've gotten around it. In the future I may have it bent at 70-90 degree angle. I've been happy with it.

I'd suggest the Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod.
The centre column easily converts to a lateral support which allows you to splay the legs right out and get pretty low to the ground.
Pair that up with a good head and it would be a great kit.

Slik, used to do one which could be positioned anywhere, reminded me of some kind of insect crawling, some other pro had it and I'd just bought my frotto so stuck with that, try google.

Ime with Mike on the Manfrotto tripod. That is really your best bet, plus ypu can mount the camera UNDER the tripodand get extreemly close.
I have that very tripod, and with the use of a head UNDER the tripod, or even the use of a boom, I can get literally to touching distance to anything at about 4 inches(10.1 cm) high.

Most reactions

Back