Tripod help please?

Now you caused my thread to die becuase you have a awesome tripod lol :[
What are you talking about?

It was dead long ago, we were just humoring you. :lmao:

But you can thank reg if you want.

I think what people are trying to say in a nice way is this. You don't go out and buy a Porsche 911GT3 and then put Wal-marts cheapest tires on the thing and expect performance. Everything you have picked so far IMO is not suited for anything other than a small point and shoots or a small camcorder.

The whole purpose of a tripod is to provide a steady platform for your gear. The legs that kundalini are very popular and a very common set of tried and true legs to be used with DSLR's They probably provide IMO the best value for support of anything on the market today. As for a head, the 488 RC2 is a very popular choice. Again good value for good support. Those legs will last a lifetime. You can spend $40-60 every year or so and in three or four years have paid for the manfrotto legs listed, and still not be any better off or you can make the investment now for the future. The choice is yours. But photography is one of those things where planning and buying for the future is not only possible but can be very wise.

Well I am FOR SURE not spending more then $90.

So looks like either.
1. No tripod for me which limts tons of my shots.
2. Get the best one I can possibly get and take care of it.

I don't think anyone is having a laugh at your expense Chris.

This is not an issue to live outside your means, desires or needs. The only thing I have noticed is that you have gone from $40 dollars to $90 dollars in a matter of 3 hours. Please don't think that any of use who have responded want anything less than the best for you. Just realize that you should budget for certain photographic accessories. Apart from lenses, a tripod is the next most important and beneficial purchase you can make towards your hobby if stabilty, slower shutter speed and freedom from camera shake are important to you.

You need to get what is right for you. The rest of us are only suggesting what was right for us. Some of that was through trial and error and some of it was done through research and painstaking Q&A.

I hope the best for your purchase.

Yeah I know but some people are trying to get me to raise my price limit to $250-$1500 (reg lol).

And even though I went up double in 3 hours, I can gaurentee you I wont go over $90 lol.

And I want a tripod bad, but from what I understand I would be paying $90 for something to break very soon or work so ****ty I would never use.

And I want a tripod bad, but from what I understand I would be paying $90 for something to break very soon or work so ****ty I would never use.
I think what you have heard is testimony from buying something inferior. That does not mean that if you were to purchase a "lessor" tripod that you would not have great useage from it. You will be over the moon. If your budget is what it is, then it is what it is. One thing I would also suggest is a remote shutter release. Reason being, you do not want any camera shake when set on a tripod. Corded or wireless, sort it out.

If your budget is a max of $90, then find the best phu¢king $90 dollar tripod you can find. Velbon & Slik are reasonable names.

All the best.

Ok, well I appreciate the help. I will not rush this and wait for my next paycheck, and if infact I sell my bike and get $350-400 from it I will for sure not mind going $200. (Thats 2 weeks to hopefully sell it, even though its been up for more then a month almost).

Thanks for the help, in 2 weeks I will either the the velbon or I will make another thread (lol) with a higher price range.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back