voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think I have exhausted the use of my cheap flimsy tripod. If it's fully extended and there is a slight breeze it's almost better to handhold a shot than to use the tripod. I've been looking at the tripods on ebay around that price. Some have a thread on the bottom so you can attach the head for low angle shots. Some you can remove the center for use as a tripod.

Basically I need a heavy duty tripod. Weight is not an issue.

I am a big fan of Bogen tripods. They are heavy duty, and the parts are replacable if they break. If you go to their website you can get all the info, like how heavy they are, and how much weight they'll hold (get one big enough to hold the biggest camera you intend on shooting with). You can get kits, or buy the legs and head seperately. I'd say you should be able to get a nice set-up for under $150, although they definately have more expensive ones.

voodoocat's is on the right track.

Start with the 3001 series aluminum legs from Manfrotto. Then add whatever type of head suites you needs. You should be able to get the legs and head for under 150. I've seen 3 way heads with 3001 series legs for just over 100.

Most reactions

Back