Tripod?

ffmedic245

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does any one know of a good model of tripod? It needs to be able to hold a good bit of weight. Thanks for your help.

what is a good bit of weight? A long telephoto lens?

what will it be used for?

what is your price range?

you can pay anything from 50 to 1000 $ for a tripod, excluding the tripod head which will mean extra cost.

It really depends on the purpose.

Something mid priced, a long telephoto lens and a SRL with a large motor drive/battery pack

Good brands are Manfrotto/Bogen, SLIK, Velbon...
Choosing a tripod is about getting one that works for you. I suggest finding a good camera store and having a first hand look at some different styles.

that one problem in northeast tennessee there are no good camera stores. Ritz is the only thing we have and the only thing they carry are quantaray and these did not seem very sturdy.

I recently purchased a manfrotto 725B as recommended from someone. It holds my D300 with the 18-200VR plus a polarizer without any problems at all. It is sturdy as hell and for around $110, it's awesome! I was gonna go with something a little more expensive and what I thought was sturdy, but I wanted something portable. It still has some weight to it, but I was considering length as I would strap it to the bottom of a backpack. Check it out. It was out of stock everywhere, but B&H got it in and I ordered it immediately.

Most reactions

Back