Tripods

think ebay for a good used bogen. Don't buy a cheap aluminum one from walmart. You'll thank yourself when yourself later

cmptrdewd said:
I'm sorry kfoster, but I have been using a walmart tripod for 3 years now and I think it's great!

If it suits your needs, then it's great. Have you ever used a Bogen though? You may not realize what you are missing.

yeah.. goto ebay and wait till the last moment to bid on a tripod.. good deals :D/... cheap ones last a while well. untill your camera is to heavy

While you're checking Ebay look for Manfrotto as well. Same manufacturer.

cmptrdewd said:
I'm sorry kfoster, but I have been using a walmart tripod for 3 years now and I think it's great!

I didn't mean to offend you, but there is no way I'm putting a $1000 lens and a $1200 camera on a $50 tripod. I think you need to use a tripod that is rated for the weight your putting on it. Noone wants there stuff to end up on the ground.

I do use a Walmart tripod for my flash if using it off camera. And it works great for my miniDV camcorder. I just feel a lot safer putting the heavy stuff on something with more integrity.

Just my opinion.

One piece of advice I would give:
Try to avoid tripods with square section legs - the locks have a habit of jamming and failing (in my experience).
Try to stick with tubular legs and friction locks.

kfoster said:
cmptrdewd said:

I didn't mean to offend you, but there is no way I'm putting a $1000 lens and a $1200 camera on a $50 tripod. I think you need to use a tripod that is rated for the weight your putting on it. Noone wants there stuff to end up on the ground.

I do use a Walmart tripod for my flash if using it off camera. And it works great for my miniDV camcorder. I just feel a lot safer putting the heavy stuff on something with more integrity.

Just my opinion.

OK, I got ya. I just got a $800 camera, maybe it's time to get a new one! :shock:

Most reactions

Back