Tripods...

no way to tell you that without knowing what you're gonna put on it.

No, the Modo's are lousy. The heads are plastic and can be undone without unlocking it. We actually broke our floor model of the Casio F1 at the store because it slipped off the head under its own weight.

The main drawbacks for me on this one are the 2lb (1kg) load capacity, non-removable head and a max working height w/o extending the center column is only 38" (96.5cm). But then, I have back problems and a stooped position is not comfortable.

Make sure you thoroughly check out the reseller.

with tripods, cheap does not usually equal stability; which is critcal for tripods.

go on ebay and find yourself a nice used bogen 3000 series tripod for $50 or so. great value for the money and more than sturdy enough for your needs.

subscribing, I got a cheap tripod for my d40 and looking to upgrade.

whats a manfretto 718b like?

Maybe only slightly better than the 785B. According to Manfrotto's website, it is suitable for:

compact and "point-and-shoot" cameras
"bridge" cameras (compact SLR-type with built-in lenses)
compact camcorders (MicroDV, MiniDV or equivalent size)

Not really suitable for a dSLR.

I have had 4-5 Manfrotos and I have to say that some models are very strong. The ones I had you could put 15-20lbs on them with no problem. Just read everything before you buy.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ive been looking at 'hama star 61' and 'velbon cx 640', any1 familiar with those?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back